Re: Wow! They ARE real?

Post by adrian » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:43 pm

i believe in em :)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Well...I kind of go on the stance that we simply just don't know. Just like with ghosts and such. Because we haven't encountered any life out there aside from bacteria (which doesn't really count IMO) there's no evidence to suggest that space aliens exist.
But then again, lack of evidence isn't evidence of absence. I think it's a possibility. I also think it'd kind of suck if we were the only intelligent life forms out there when there's billions of stars and planets in our Universe. I guess it all depends on if you believe we all happened by chance, or were created by a creator.
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Midnight Witch » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:40 pm

DemonSlayerMau wrote:Well...I kind of go on the stance that we simply just don't know. Just like with ghosts and such. Because we haven't encountered any life out there aside from bacteria (which doesn't really count IMO) there's no evidence to suggest that space aliens exist.
But then again, lack of evidence isn't evidence of absence. I think it's a possibility. I also think it'd kind of suck if we were the only intelligent life forms out there when there's billions of stars and planets in our Universe. I guess it all depends on if you believe we all happened by chance, or were created by a creator.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:42 pm

Game continued.
Scarecrow or Crow?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 pm

Midnight Witch wrote:Howmany of you believe in aliens? I believe that they're real. A lot of people do and don't. What if they were real? What would you do? I don't care if you do believe or not. Tell me your opinions. Why can aliens be real and why can't they?

is this a game?
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:26 am

Spookymufu wrote:
Midnight Witch wrote:Howmany of you believe in aliens? I believe that they're real. A lot of people do and don't. What if they were real? What would you do? I don't care if you do believe or not. Tell me your opinions. Why can aliens be real and why can't they?

is this a game?
Doesn't look like a game to me.

The first post seemed to indicate that this topic was about aliens. I gave my two cents...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:32 am

yeah, this post threw me off, not sure if Midnight witch was drinking too much or what...
Midnight Witch wrote:Game continued.
Scarecrow or Crow?
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:54 am

Hey guys, every Witch has a bad day now & then. I for one blame the Margaritas!! :wink:

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:57 am

DemonSlayerMau wrote:But then again, lack of evidence isn't evidence of absence.
That depends. Something that is proposed to exist in the physical world ought to leave some sort of tangible, physical evidence. If an absence of evidence doesn't disprove existence, it at least strongly points in that direction.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:24 pm

...speaking of which, I watched 'The Invention of Lying' last night. Good movie.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:09 pm

Don't bring alcohol into this. >:( Sorry, I had another thread and it was a game and I accidently thought this was it. I didn't read the title.

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Andybev01 wrote:...speaking of which, I watched 'The Invention of Lying' last night. Good movie.
One of my favorites... 8)

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:34 pm

That depends. Something that is proposed to exist in the physical world ought to leave some sort of tangible, physical evidence. If an absence of evidence doesn't disprove existence, it at least strongly points in that direction.
Maybe it does; when it comes to aliens you have to figure that there's millions of planets and stars out there. Finding more intelligent life forms might not be impossible, it just might not happen for a VERY long time because with all the stars and planets and our limited technology it'd be like finding a needle in a haystack. And first we'd have to find a planet that could possibly support life as we know it on earth. And I think that's the problem, life AS WE KNOW IT ON EARTH. If it's truly alien, I don't think it would be anything like Earth life. Or it could be, depending on if you believe in a creator; but if you believe in Evolution, that means there's a whole assortment of random possibilities governed by the force of nature known as natural selection. Which means that environmental changes would influence how a species could potentially develop and that's even IF they have the genetic structure necessary to survive in that given climate. If not, they go the way of the dinosaur, simple as that.
Scientists are constantly discovering new and very amazing things. But just because we haven't seen them YET doesn't mean we won't in the future. And aren't they still looking for the "missing link" supposedly? XP
Now as far as spirits are concerned, I think there's a difference between the physical world and the spiritual world.

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:22 pm

DemonSlayerMau wrote:
Maybe it does; when it comes to aliens you have to figure that there's millions of planets and stars out there. Finding more intelligent life forms might not be impossible, it just might not happen for a VERY long time because with all the stars and planets and our limited technology it'd be like finding a needle in a haystack....
Very well explained. I partially agree with DemonSlayerMau. Great explanation!