Old haunted churches, schools, etc.

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Old haunted churches, schools, etc.

Post by iHaunt » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Do you feel spooked by any old haunted places?

Check out this website here: www.castleofspirits.com/stories03/hauntchurch.html

I do like old churches, schools, hospitals, farmhouses, etc. But, the whole time I always hang around cemeteries in the middle of the night, I find them peaceful. :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Old haunted churches, schools, etc.

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Hospitals are prime candidates for hauntings, especialy mental hospitals. Abandoned prisons are also very creepy and abound with ghost stories.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:21 am

Graveyards work the best for me on stormy nights, when the breeze makes the lower tree branches creek against the granite headstones.... ;) Was that too corny?!? :lol:

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 am

iHaunt wrote:Graveyards work the best for me on stormy nights, when the breeze makes the lower tree branches creek against the granite headstones.... ;) Was that too corny?!? :lol:
oddly enough, no it wasnt......I remember those sounds when I used to patrol. I had a graveyard/mortuary as one of my patrol stops and I used to get out and walk around the graveyard looking at stones and whatever. I remember listening to all those sounds up there. Because it was on a hill it was really quiet so you could hear a lot of sounds
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:19 am

HOW??? Some people do hear, but I don't! :?

Castle
Halloween Master

Post by Castle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:29 pm

That site's kinda cool. I read a few stories to kill some time a few minutes ago.
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Old Brick Church

Sumter - Salem Black River Church, the church and graveyard is said to be haunted by a priest from the early 1900s. His family died from a plague and he was the only member alive. He cursed God and started satanic seances and satanic mischief. There's an old shack behind the church that used to be his. Late at night you sometimes can see a light on in there, but there is no glass in the windows and you can also see a figure. The graveyard is right next to the church. There are two grave yards. The front one is just normal people, but the back is the priest's graveyard. It is haunted by all the priests of the church. It is located right off of Highway 378.

Check out these pics on the link! :D
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w310 ... ng%202010/

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:18 pm

I heard that same story about several other places, so this may just be an 'urban legend.'

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 pm

My elder aunt lived in the house for many years, she heard strange things, like eerie something... something touched her, and when she turned around to see who was touching her.... there was no body! :? She said that house was built in 1890. Also, I saw creepy dolls sitting on the drawers and shelves that she told me they're not hers. Some people who lived that house leave some stuffs there. :roll: Well, I do miss my aunt because she passed away in 2000 - now her daughter is owning that house, still hearing strange things.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:31 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I heard that same story about several other places, so this may just be an 'urban legend.'

Mike
A guy told me that he will go back and take lots of pics of the cemetery. It's beautiful Spanish moss hanging from the trees, old tombstones from the 1800's. :D

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:21 pm

It's regular churches that I find creepy. Haunted ones I like.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:24 am

I've talked to that guy just tonight, and he told me that he will go over there to take more pics of the cemetery and everything! :D He also said that it is 70 miles for him driving over there, but he was going to try and be back over there again in Christmas, maybe...

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 am

I'm definately planning to return to Bachelors Grove some tine before the mosquitos come back. Most likely it will be March. I also think it would be neat to take a "Haunted Road Trip" on Friday May 13th, to celebrate "Little Halloween." I may revisit the Bartonville Insane Asylem. I missed the cemetery for that place the last time I was down there.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Ok, Mike... do you think you would snap a few pics of that old cemetery? If so, I'd like to see. :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:27 pm

I did snap a few of Bachelors Grove last August. They are in the "Haunted Places" threads. I definately am going to take photos at the Bartonville Insane Asylum cemetery when I do get around to going there. Again, I shot photos at the Bartonville Insane Asylum itself in Oct of 09, and the photos are also in the "Haunted Places" threads.

Mike