Orbs at my haunted house

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Orbs at my haunted house

Post by iHaunt » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Ok, tell me you can see yellow orbs around my house?

Castle
Halloween Master

Re: Orbs at my haunted house

Post by Castle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Kinda just looks like a blemish in the photo when the negatives were being processed. What kind of camera did you take the picture with?
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:33 pm

Looks like someone had an eggroll dipped in spicy mustard for lunch, then forgot to wash his hands before taking pictures.

Ciuin
Halloween Master

Post by Ciuin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:37 pm

Castle wrote:Kinda just looks like a blemish in the photo when the negatives were being processed. What kind of camera did you take the picture with?

I agree, someone dribbled some developing bleach on the upper rollers.
'All the water's dead. All of it. And the taps don't work either.'

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:28 am

Nikon.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:11 pm

If thses photos were originaly taken on film, the processor did a sloppy job and spilled chemicals or something on the print or negative. If thses where originaly shot with a digital camera, it's likely you need to clean off the CMOS chip.

Mike

Castle
Halloween Master

Post by Castle » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 pm

What type of camera as in digital or film, but either way it can be explained.
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes, we can see them. They don't look much like orbs, though. Just spots.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:10 am

Castle, a film camera is just that. You have to load in a roll of film, take the pictures, (24 or 36 exposures usualy) and then after you rewind the film back into the cassette, you bring it to a drug store or a camera store to have the negatives processed, and then prints made. After a couple of days, or in some cases you can get 1 hour processing, you get a print of each frame from the original negatives and the original negatives back. If that was the case of that photo you posted, then the "orbs" are likely an inperfection on the paper used to make the print. You can double check the negative, and if you don't have "orbs" on the negative, then that's likely what it is. If you do have "orbs" on the negative, then it could either be a light struck negative, or chemical spill, or maybe something phenominal did happen.

In digital photography, there is no film. A digital camera is basicaly a video camera. It works the same way as a video camera, by exposing a CMOS chip instead of film. The only two relavant differences is that a digital or "Still Video" camera gives you much higher definition then a standard video camera, and the images are stored on a memory card instead of negatives and prints. You can make your own photo CD or DVD, and print them out using your own computer and printer, or you can bring them to that same photo processing place and they can put it on a disc, make prints, etc, etc for you (at an inflated price, of course.) If this is the case with the posted picture, your "orbs" are likely dirt that got on the CMOS chip, or it could be something phenominal. I doubt it, though. The way to check, is to take some test photos, and then upload them to a computer. If those same "orbs" appear, then you have a dirty CMOS chip. Mystery solved.

I had a simular experience while out on photo shoot for my work place. I was getting these strange looking "orbs" in the sky of all my out door photos. At first I thought it was the way the light was hitting my lenze. Then I noticed these same "orbs" on wedding cakes I photographed, on the forehead of my infant grand nephew, and in various other places. I removed the lenze, put the camera in "bulb," and pressed the shutter button and held it on so the shutter would stay opened. Sure enough, there were two large dust speces sitting right on the chip. A little compresed air, and then I use the camera's sensor cleaning function to clean the CMOS. The result; no more "orbs."

Again, I am not trying to dispute your claim that you photographed real ghostly orbs, but just offering a possible explination.

Mike

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Pumkin_Man I luv you, but man do you have some lond detailed posts, short & and sweet works best for me!! :lol: :wink:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:44 am

Sorry about that, Witchy. I didn't mean to be long winded, but I was trying to answer Castles question about the difference between film cameras and digital cameras, and offer possible explanations for the presence of "orbs" in the photo.

For future reference I'll post a "long winded and possibly boring" warning, because I can definately understand that photography, or other things that interest me might not necessarily interest others.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Mike, do you think you can do the investigation my pic? Make sure it's orb or not?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:34 pm

If you shot it on film, I would have to see both the negatives and the prints that you got back from the photo processor. If you shot it on digital, I would need to see the original jpeg, but it very much looks like your "orbs" are either dust on the CMOS or somethig got spilt on the prints.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:42 pm

Maybe you're right, Mike. Something may be split on the photos, or something that was from food on fingerprint?