Followed

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Followed

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:16 pm

That's true Mike. When we had that earthquake a few Easters ago, the dog started going nuts a good half minute before I felt anything. At first I jumped under the door frame but then I remembered how old this house is so me and the dog ran out of the house. The cat on the other hand... just sat there with a dumb look on it's face.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:48 pm

NeverMore wrote:
That's true Mike. When we had that earthquake a few Easters ago, the dog started going nuts a good half minute before I felt anything. At first I jumped under the door frame but then I remembered how old this house is so me and the dog ran out of the house. The cat on the other hand... just sat there with a dumb look on it's face.
the cat was thinking "stupid dog and human, cant they tell they'll be fine?"
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:23 pm

NeverMore wrote:
Dogs have best instincts compared to cats.
我想念我的家

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 am

I don't know if that's entirely true, Chang. One time my mom left something on the kitchen stove, and a greas fire started. We were all in the living room watching tv, and our cat ran in and started acting crazy. He bit my mom in the ankle, then he ran over to where I was laying on the floor watching tv, bit me and tried to push me with his front paws. We all couldn't figure what was his problem. Anyway, he pushed me, then ran to the door way and meowed and indicated that he wanted me to follow him. He lead me into the kitchen and the pan was burnig like a bon fire.

My dad came in and put the fire out. The cat hissed and growled at it the whole time h e worked. Dinner was ruined that night, but thanks to our cat, we were spared a graver fait.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:19 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: I don't know if that's entirely true, Chang. One time my mom left something on the kitchen stove, and a greas fire started. We were all in the living room watching tv, and our cat ran in and started acting crazy. He bit my mom in the ankle, then he ran over to where I was laying on the floor watching tv, bit me and tried to push me with his front paws. We all couldn't figure what was his problem. Anyway, he pushed me, then ran to the door way and meowed and indicated that he wanted me to follow him. He lead me into the kitchen and the pan was burnig like a bon fire.

My dad came in and put the fire out. The cat hissed and growled at it the whole time h e worked. Dinner was ruined that night, but thanks to our cat, we were spared a graver fait.

Mike
Yes but Mike in your example fire was already started so the cat did not have elite instinct but he just noticed fire because he was in the room. That different than knowing about a ghost or sensing a storm before it is there.
我想念我的家

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:24 am

I never owned a cat until I was in my mid-forties, was always a dog person. However,, I have become quite fond of cats. They are different from dogs but highly intelligent in their own way.

I have a friend at church who was saved form a fire by her cat, who woke her up in the night when a fire started.

I don't know about the "extrasensory" thing. I have heard stories about dogs and ghosts, but I kinda thought cats were supposed to be able to sense certain things, too. Not that I'd know.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:01 pm

Actualy, according to various interviews, ALL the animals went crazy just moments before the 1988 San Francisco earth quakd broke out. Dogs, Cats, Birds, ALL animals. Cats were fleeing along with the dogs and birds and everything else on four legs.

Now that's what I heard from various people who were interviewed. I can't swear, and I don't know whether dogs or cats are more "psychic" but all animals have an instinct for self preservation. Not just dogs.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:19 pm

I do like the cats for sure but never would trust a cat to save me before a dog. :wink:
我想念我的家

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 pm

I'm pretty sure I read or heard that all the animals evacuated the area just ahead of the Asian tsunami back at Christmas of whenever--you know, the one in Thailand. Not sure if that happened in Japan or not last year.

Morticia
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Morticia » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:16 pm

You know it's funny, I've lived in L.A. or near it for most of my life and I have never seen any of my dogs react before an earthquake.
Be afraid....be very afraid!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 pm

If they start acting really antsy and wierd, like they're afraid for their lives and try to run away, it's possible that the earth quake about to hit is going to be a major one.

Animals have an instinct for that sort of a thing. They also have an instinct about it when it's just a little tremmor.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:I'm pretty sure I read or heard that all the animals evacuated the area just ahead of the Asian tsunami back at Christmas of whenever--you know, the one in Thailand. Not sure if that happened in Japan or not last year.
The Indian Ocean tsunami was 2004 and the Japan one was March 11 2011 which is my mother birthday. :(
我想念我的家

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:04 pm

I see that this discussion has shifted to pets.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:46 am

Midnight Witch wrote:I see that this discussion has shifted to pets.
My roommate's dog is constantly following me around the house.

(How's that for an attempt to get the topic back on track?)

• [list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list][list]Image
[/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list][/list]

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:38 pm

It's a rather odd, ominous feeling. In retrospect of the incident, I am reminded of shadow people.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein