Bloody Mary

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
Midnight Witch
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Bloody Mary

Post by Midnight Witch » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:10 pm

Has anyone attempted the game? If so, what occurred?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Re: Bloody Mary

Post by Spookymufu » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:33 pm

I did this with my older brother when I was a kid, when the lights went out he slipped on a devil mask and when the lights went back on he scared the <deleted> out of me, I ran smack into the closed door trying to get away......
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Ha! Ha! Ha! Where's a video camera when you need one!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:33 am

"I beleive in Mary Worth." According to legend, if you say that 7 times in front of a mirror, "Bloody Mary" will appear to you, and you will either die or go insane. I am not a major believer in legends, but to this very day, I have NEVER been able to bring myself to stand in front of a mirror and say "I believe in Mary Worth" 7 times. The most I've ever done it was 3 times before I chickened out. That was when I was in high school and didn't know better. Now I would NEVER attempt such a thing under any circumstances, nor would I allow anyone else to do so under my roof. My niece wanted to hava a seance in my house, and I told her "No."

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:28 am

Never played Bloody Mary, but I did play a game called 'Cats' when I was 11 or 12. Anyone heard of that one? One person lies on their back with their eyes closed and everyone else surrounds them. One person tells a scary story that features a cat in some way or another. Everytime the word 'cat' is mentioned in the story, everyone else (besides the person on their back) hisses and claws with their hands (so stupid, I know :lol: ). The scary story is supposed to have an ending where a person is killed or injured by the cat and when it gets to that part, the storyteller says something like "and when they found them, they looked like this!!" and then everyone helps flip over the person that was lying down and you are supposed to be able to see claw marks on their back.

The time that I played it, I was having a slumber party at my house. I remember each one of us took turns being the storyteller and the one lying down. We all kind of saw a very faint scratch mark or two on each other's back. But the last girl to lie down (we'll call her K)--it took forever for the storyteller to get through the story because we kept getting interrupted by either my siblings, or my dad coming in to tell us the pizza had arrived, or my mom, or my dad coming back to ask if we were going to come out and eat. The story had to be restarted like 10 times. When we finally got the part where we flipped K over, her ENTIRE back was covered in scratches. Of course, she didn't feel anything, but every one of us saw the same thing. It scared us for sure, even after we convinced each other that we were just seeing what we wanted to see. We were too scared to play it again though.

I'm not much of a believer when it comes to ghost stories and hauntings and things of that nature. They're amusing to me, but I don't buy into them. But I still vividly remember what I saw on K's back that night and needless to say, I haven't really cared to try it again to see what happens.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:57 pm

I never heard of that game, Pumpkin, but I wouldn't play it, either. I also don't mess around with Ouija boards, seances or the Mary Worth, ot the Bloody Mary games any more, either.

Personaly I never experienced anything like you did, but like I said. I never got past 3 repititions of "I Believe in Mary Worth," and I never will.

Mike

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm

It's definitely something that I look back on a kind of chuckle about because it seems so silly. But I remember what I saw, and whether it was all of our imaginations or not, I don't think I'll play that game again 8)

zoltan hound dracula
Halloween Master

Post by zoltan hound dracula » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Pumpkin56 wrote:It's definitely something that I look back on a kind of chuckle about because it seems so silly. But I remember what I saw, and whether it was all of our imaginations or not, I don't think I'll play that game again 8)
WOW PUMPKIN56,DID YOU REALLY DO THE BLOODY MARY THING,OMG IM JUST A SCAREDY CAT,HEHEHE :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 pm

Pumpkin56, it very could also have been that K scratched her back up previously by falling into a clump of bushes or something. Or she could have self inflicted those scratches as a prank. Were they deep gashes or just surface scratches? My guess is that there could have been a logical explanation, and in all the excitement and confusion, you forgot about it.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:56 pm

........................................Image

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:23 am

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Pumpkin56, it very could also have been that K scratched her back up previously by falling into a clump of bushes or something. Or she could have self inflicted those scratches as a prank. Were they deep gashes or just surface scratches? My guess is that there could have been a logical explanation, and in all the excitement and confusion, you forgot about it.

Mike
I kind of doubt she would go to that much trouble at the age of 11 :) Another girl suggested the game and had to explain it to us. They looked like surface scratches like you would get if you ran your fingernails over your skin with a bit of pressure. But the scratches were very thin like claw marks. I think the logical explaination is that we were just seeing what we wanted to see :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:53 am

That could be it, too. A lot of times, the human imagination can play tricks. Especialy at age 11.

Mike

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:27 pm

These games are just kids having fun and are harmelss but the true spirits don't care about these games and they come to be when you are not expecting them.
我想念我的家

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:25 am

Even though we are way too old, me and a friend did this the other night. We took turns saying Bloody Mary three times in the mirror. We did it over and over with and without a using a lighter for a candle. Nothing happened. I'm so gullible the first time I actually got scared and did it really fast and left. My superstitious side almost always drowns out my rational side.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon