What to Write?

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!

Choose your top 3 Arizona story options. (Read Description Below for more details)

Poll ended at Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:53 am

Grill- A Greasy Spoon with a haunted kitchen. (Ghost Story)
7%
The Tombstone Thunderbird photograph. (Folklore/Legend)
21%
The Lost Dutchman Gold Mine. (Folklore/Legend)
No votes
Tom Mix Monument OR Esmond Train Wreck (Local History)
29%
The Highway 93 Ghost Bus (Ghost Story)
29%
Other (Please state your suggestion in a comment, below)
14%

Total votes: 14

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What to Write?

Post by jadewik » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:Hope things get better at your house soon, Jadewik!
Oh, they will. Despite the momentary hair-pulling, I'm already feeling better about "things". We tend to grumble and mutter for a few days and then get over it. (I can't think of anyone who isn't feeling well who doesn't get a little cranky in the meantime.) We're both resilient enough to bounce back. Though I do appreciate and thank you for your well wishes. =)
Pumpkin_Man wrote:...next Saturday I'm covering the Regional Math Contest.
That wouldn't happen to be for MathCounts would it?

I've been involved in organizing that out here. I had the most important job of all-- feeding everyone! I organized food for the events (Southern Arizona and Arizona State Mathcounts Competitions) in 2009 and 2010. Unfortunately, I never really got to see the actual competition... The winners of the regional competition head to the state event. The state competitions are held in March and the winners go on to nationals.

I had to stop doing it though because it was eating up my February faster than normal and stressing me out in the 6-months before the event. Blah.

Some photos from 2009:

(Yes, that's me goofing off after the competition was over-- gotta play with the buzzer!)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 am

My older son did well in math competitions several years ago, but I don't think they were called that, and they didn't lead to greater competitions. He was first in the (mid-state) region and 7th in the state in calculus when he was a high school junior. He took only one test, though. I guess all the various regions were compared to get the state ranking. He went to a banquet in another city and got a certificate.

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Quizno is inferior to Jimmy John sub.
我想念我的家