Deceased Loved Ones in Dreams

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Deceased Loved Ones in Dreams

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:06 am

I don't think all dreams are "special," but some of them do genuinely seem to be different from the normal run of dreams. I know that, a few times, I have had prophetic dreams, or dreams that were vivid in some unique way, that seemed to be conveying some message to me. I do believe that, during the dream state, our minds are more receptive than they are when we are awake. I think the clutter of our waking lives keeps a lot of stuff from coming through.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 am

I totaly agree, Murf. We can have dreams that are just dreams and nothing more. I have dreampt about things that I saw on tv, things that I heard on the radio, and on many an ocassion, I would fall asleep with the tv or radio on, and what I was hearing through the tv or radio would affect what I was dreaming. I fell asleep while the History Channel was doing a documentery on Armagedden, and I was dreaming about a deep blood red sky, Chicago as a gigantic ghost town, and abandoned cars strewn about. There was a huge swollen sun in the sky, and I was completely and totaly alone.

It was really wierd, but it was nothing more then the tv influencing what I was dreaming. Other dreams really do have meaning, though, and I do believe that dreams, and even the thoughts we have when we're awake could be a contact from a deceased loved one.

I think I may have told this story before, so I will just do the 'Readers Digest Condensed Version" here. My late brother, Jack, had an affinity for Christmas, and it was also my favorite holiday when I was 7. He came home from work with a brand new Christmas Record back in December of 1967. "Tijuana Christmas" by the Border Brass. We both fell in love with that music, and we both had to listen to it incessantly that year. IT was a favorite record for many years, but the record, over the years was scratched and wrecked. In November of 2004, I went on line and found a copy that was in mint condidion for $3.50 and I pulled out my debit card and made a purchase. Well, November droned on into December, then December became January, so on and so on, and I more or less figured that I made a $3.50 gamble and lost and wrote it off. Then in August of 2006, I was ariving home from work. It was raining that morning, so I had driven the car to work that day. As I was pulling off I 55, I started thinking of my late brother, and how we both so loved "Tijuana Christmas." The rest of the family hated it, but we loved it. I was think about him and the day he came home with that record. Then I pull up in front of the house and I see a packag on my front porch. Not have ing a single cule as to what it could be, I looked at the address to be sure that was actualy addressed to me. It was.

I bring it in the house, and lo and behold. "Tijuana Christmas" in it's original sleeve, and it was in almost never before played condition.

Yes, I do believe my late brother was trying to tell me something.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:19 am

Yes, that definitely seems like it was more than coincidental.

I get these odd flashes every once in a while that seem sort of psychic to me. I recall that once, maybe 15 years ago, I got a letter from a friend in Virginia. As I took the letter out of my mailbox, I got a distinct image in my mind of a photograph of her father, which I had seen many times on a mantel in her home. I had never met him, had just seen his picture. When I opened her letter, I learned that her dad had died. That was what the letter was telling me. I have to believe that somehow I got a psychic flash about her dad just from touching that letter.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:52 am

I don't know if I can claim to be psychic per se, but I do have a lot of occurances of the "telephone coincidence," where I will be thinking of a friend or family member and that person will call me, or, the phone will ring and I'll know who it is for some reason. Another wierd coincidence that I've had happen is what I like to call the "song on the radio" coincidence. I'll actualy be thinking about a song that I like, and I'll turn on the car radio and that song will be playing. This has happened with both regular analogue FM radio and Satlite Radio, but only in my car. In fact it happened the other day. I was thinking of the song "The House of the Rising Sun," and when I turned on 60s on 6 Sirus XM, that exact song was playing.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:33 pm

I've had the telephone thing happen to me twice in my life. Both times, I was asleep and dreaming I was having a conversation with the person who was calling me, and then I'd be awakened by a phone call. Once it was a professor of mine who never, ever called me at home, except for that one time. I was incoherent with him, and I don't think he had any idea why. I was wondering why he was starting the conversation over when we were already in the middle of it. Another time it was a cousin of mine, someone who rarely, rarely calls me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:46 pm

It's funny you should mention that, but just last night, I was driving home from work and I was remembering a good friend of mine who I haven't seen since 1996, and when I got home, there was a voice message from him on my answering machine. When I called him back, he told me that he may be moving back to the Joliet Illinois area.

Mike

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:30 am

Interesting.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein