Shadow People

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
Midnight Witch
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Shadow People

Post by Midnight Witch » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:44 pm

"Shadow people are supernatural shadow-like humanoid figures that, according to believers, are seen flickering on walls and ceilings in the viewer's peripheral vision.[1] They are often reported moving with quick, jerky movements, and quickly disintegrate into walls or mirrors. They are believed to be evil and aggressive in nature, although a few people consider them to be a form of guardian angel.[2]
In 2010, the apparations were described as one of the most regularly reported paranormal phenomena in the United States. This is attributed to occasional reports on the Coast to Coast AM show, where paranormal researcher Heidi Hollis has been interviewed several times on the subject of shadow people."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people

I haven't had any experiences with shadow people that I can remember, though as odd as this may seem, I want to.

I am interested with the paranormal, and I only wish to experience such mysteries.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Shadow People

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:02 pm

I understand wanting a paranormal experience. I thought is kind of cool to me too. But this to me looks more like peoples imaginations. I think most paranormal experiences are, but that's just my view.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:41 pm

Rising Dead Man wrote:I understand wanting a paranormal experience. I thought is kind of cool to me too. But this to me looks more like peoples imaginations. I think most paranormal experiences are, but that's just my view.
I see. A lot of paranormal experiences are just imagined, I must agree. But I'd like to experience the unusual myself first, and decide for myself whether it's imagined or not, in consideration of the circumstances, of course.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” -Einstein

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am

I've seen stuff out of the corner of my eyes for most of my life, but I have never known what to make of it, and I am inclined to believe that it is more my mind playing tricks on me than anything else. As a young child I vividly recall seeing a darkened, shadowy shape float into my darkened bedroom from a lighter room next to mine. I thought it was the tooth fairy and said so to my mother the next day, who dismissed it as a dream. It wasn't a dream, but perhaps I just imagined it because I was expecting the tooth fairy.

When my dog died in the summer of 2009 (at 14 1/2 years of age), I kept seeing her for several weeks at the backyard gate, but only out of the corner of my eye. If I looked straight at the spot, she was never there. She loved the gate and used to stand there all the time to watch the traffic and wait for our return home, so we buried her there.

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:I've seen stuff out of the corner of my eyes for most of my life, but I have never known what to make of it, and I am inclined to believe that it is more my mind playing tricks on me than anything else. As a young child I vividly recall seeing a darkened, shadowy shape float into my darkened bedroom from a lighter room next to mine. I thought it was the tooth fairy and said so to my mother the next day, who dismissed it as a dream. It wasn't a dream, but perhaps I just imagined it because I was expecting the tooth fairy.

When my dog died in the summer of 2009 (at 14 1/2 years of age), I kept seeing her for several weeks at the backyard gate, but only out of the corner of my eye. If I looked straight at the spot, she was never there. She loved the gate and used to stand there all the time to watch the traffic and wait for our return home, so we buried her there.
Interesting. Have you ever hears of residual hauntings?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:53 am

I've heard the phrase "residual hauntings," not sure how they would be different from any other type of haunting. Isn't it supposed to be some kind of energy that remains after the death of a person? The apparition wouldn't be conscious, would be a little more like a figure on a film, I guess. At least, that's the way I have understood the term.

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:07 am

I have personally seen them and not from peripheral but straight on. Not a figment of my imagination, not half asleep and / or intoxicated in any way shape or form. One that I saw that was very clear to me and an aunt of mine, (we both witnessed it, simultaneously). I was sitting in her living room and she was walking towards me from her kitchen with a plate in her hand. She stopped dead in her tracks, as this perfect outline of a man in cape and hat about 7ft tall, crossed her path. I happened to be looking at her direction, when he crossed her,darting into one of the bedrooms, causing her to drop her plate and we both said, "Did you see that?!"

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:59 am

That would be really creepy.

Midnight Witch
Haunt Master

Post by Midnight Witch » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:15 pm

ramaries69 wrote:I have personally seen them and not from peripheral but straight on. Not a figment of my imagination, not half asleep and / or intoxicated in any way shape or form. One that I saw that was very clear to me and an aunt of mine, (we both witnessed it, simultaneously). I was sitting in her living room and she was walking towards me from her kitchen with a plate in her hand. She stopped dead in her tracks, as this perfect outline of a man in cape and hat about 7ft tall, crossed her path. I happened to be looking at her direction, when he crossed her,darting into one of the bedrooms, causing her to drop her plate and we both said, "Did you see that?!"
Strange...Wish I was there.

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:48 am

That the shadow person you saw, ramaries69, was a simultaneous thing-- I doubt what I have to say applies...

But, science has shown that when people are suffering from sleep deprivation it can cause all sorts of issues ranging from memory loss, over-tiredness, dark circles under the eyes to more severe things like hallucinations, sleep paralysis, a grumpy temperament. There are a lot of people in the world who don't get enough sleep... and that's usually when most people see "shadow people". I can recall several instances when I've seen shadows coalesce into shapes that moved. Almost all those memories coincide with moments in my life where I wasn't getting enough sleep.

... so, as far as MOST "shadow people" go-- it's just the byproduct of a lack of sleep.

Li H'Sen Chang
Halloween Master

Post by Li H'Sen Chang » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 am

Dogs and cats are the first to identify real ghost so if you dog barks it might be a valid phantom.
我想念我的家

Pumpkin56
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin56 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 pm

jadewik wrote:That the shadow person you saw, ramaries69, was a simultaneous thing-- I doubt what I have to say applies...

But, science has shown that when people are suffering from sleep deprivation it can cause all sorts of issues ranging from memory loss, over-tiredness, dark circles under the eyes to more severe things like hallucinations, sleep paralysis, a grumpy temperament. There are a lot of people in the world who don't get enough sleep... and that's usually when most people see "shadow people". I can recall several instances when I've seen shadows coalesce into shapes that moved. Almost all those memories coincide with moments in my life where I wasn't getting enough sleep.

... so, as far as MOST "shadow people" go-- it's just the byproduct of a lack of sleep.
I'm sure this is true. On the other hand, seems like Ramaries has had quite a few paranormal experiences, just judging by her posts on this forum. She must be a ghost magnet... :)

ramaries69
Halloween Master

Post by ramaries69 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:27 pm

jadewik wrote:That the shadow person you saw, ramaries69, was a simultaneous thing-- I doubt what I have to say applies...

Sleep deprivation not the case. Not looking to convince you otherwise, jadewick. I know what I saw.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:02 pm

I've heard of the Shadow People phenominon, but never experienced it. The only phenominon I ever really experienced is DeJa Vu, which stopped shortly after my teen years, and some scientists say is a mild and temporary form of epilepsy.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Lately with deja vu , it doesn't just feel like it's happened before, it feels like I dreamed it before.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon