Real? Or not?

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Real? Or not?

Post by NeverMore » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:45 am

I strongly suggest you watch this video...

Published on Sep 4, 2012

This video was submitted to us by the hotel security manager who
was standing watch on September 14, 2003 at a WINGATE HOTEL
in Illinois. His voice can be heard in the background of the recording.

According to him, people staying at the hotel began calling in noise
complaints to the front desk with reports of loud screaming coming
from the 2nd floor--particularly room #209. There is no known
history to the room according to our investigation. However, upon
further review, we found that over the years, multiple complaints
of "strange noises" were reported to be coming from the room. This
is the only known recording of it.

Note to comments:
It's funny how people think this video is edited/fake. The audio is a
mix down between the security camera audio and a separate
recording from inside the office (which is specifically there to record
in case of robbery to the hotel). People will always come to there
own conclusions why a video is fake (like cameras pointed at the
door). What they don't realized is that there are about 80 cameras
in the hallways around the hotel, all pointing at doors and hallways.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Re: Real? Or not?

Post by Kolchak » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:35 pm

I saw this a while back and from a police/security point of view, I have a few questions? Understandably you don't hear anything like the screams because while video recorders are common items in hotels, audio monitors are not, and this is mainly due to concerns about customer civil liberties. People walking down the hall might be talking about business transactions and they don't want it to get out that such and such company might be getting ready to take over someone else. So for reasons like that you seldom have audio recorders in places like this.

But I still have some questions? The attendant enters the room because he hears screams. Fine. As a hotel employee he has that legal right. But upon entering we see him just use his flashlight. If you're entering into an unknown situation where your primary sense is your sight, you need to have plenty of light on the problem. No pun intended.

Secondly, if these screams are being called in by others residing on that floor, it's always been my experience that you will find them out in the hallways standing around waiting for the police or security to show up. It's just like a car wreck. People have to stand around and gawk. And take it from me, if the scream was that of a woman, you can bet your last penny that just about every male on that floor will be out in the hallway.

Thirdly, we never really see the interior of the room. I'd like to have seen the furniture and ripped up carpeting and shower being on. I'd also like to know if that room connects by doorway to the rooms on either side?

Fourthly, I'm somewhat intrigued how the room just happens to be in front of the camera that is positioned looking at that particular room. Seem kind of convenient? Most hotels have cameras at junctions and intersections like at the elevator, stairway and at the end of the corridor. You can't really tell where this room is in relation to those locations. Seems to have a lot of camera angles for such a small area. But we can't really see the area as a whole and that is kinda' strange.

Lastly, from a legal standpoint it is very hard to get an hotel to release its closed circuit video. Even if you omit the name of the hotel and its location, you always run the risk of someone seeing the video and having stayed there, jumping on social media and telling us the name of the hotel. Hotels are pretty hung up on their reputation and they like to keep their security measures closed to the vest. Not least being the bad guys can find ways around the system to defeat it.

We're taking for granted that we are dealing with an honest broker who has left out nothing of the video and nothing has been tampered with.

The whole point of this video is the shape we see at the end exiting the room. Ghost? Hoax of some kind? Glitch in the recorder? Don't know. Gonna' leave that one up to y'all :? :? :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Kolchak on Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Kolchak wrote:Fourthly, I'm somewhat intrigued how the room just happens to be in front of the camera that is positioned looking at that particular room. Seem kind of convenient? Most hotels have cameras at junctions and intersections like at the elevator, stairway and at the end of the corridor. You can't really tell where this room is in relation to those locations. Seems to have a lot of camera angles for such a small area. But we can't really see the area as a whole and that is kinda' strange.
DING DING DING!
This is what threw up red flags to me too
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:31 am

Kolchak touched on a lot of what I thought. I've never seen cameras pointed at a specific door in a hotel, probably because the camera could see into the room and that's a no-no invasion of privacy. I also wondered why he didn't just turn on the light when he went in. At first I thought the sound was coming over the radio but then I realized you couldn't even hear John talking on it.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:58 pm

Two other things I thought of later are: The security guard is dressed pretty casual for such a large hotel. Not saying it couldn't be "casual Tuesday" or he might have just come into work and went up before changing. Maybe he was plain clothes to blend in better with the guests in the lobby? But. That still leaves you with a question mark?

Also they claim the carpet was ripped up and furniture overturned, could there have been renovations going on in the room? Of course that doesn't explain the turned on shower.

I'd like to know who on the floor made the complaint and why they were not out there to see if the police or security would show up?

I will admit that John does act as if he has actually heard the screaming. His body language and posture suggest it really caught him off guard OR he was doing a pretty good acting performance. :lol: :wink:

Still, you'd think he would have turned on the light once entering the room.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:46 am

I have to agree with Kolchak and others. This video is very likely a fake, because audio recorders really are not used very often, except for very few situations, and there is usualy a sign that states that "You are being video and audio recorded for your protection as well as ours." That sign is at a few gas stations.

I also agree that security video cameras are designed to cover a wide area, like the entire hall way, and not just one door, unless they decided to zoom in a camera or something.

All in all, I was not impressed at all.

Mike