$1 million for proof of paranormal abilities

Discuss/post ghost stories etc!
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

$1 million for proof of paranormal abilities

Post by NeverMore » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:12 pm

The James Randi Educational Foundation is a non profit foundation set up by magician, James Randi, to test paranormal claims. They are offering $1,000,000 to anyone that can prove their paranormal abilities under controlled conditions. The prize was created in 1996, and so far around 1000 people have applied to be tested. To date nobody has been able to claim the prize.

Here's the application if any of you want to give it a shot...

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: $1 million for proof of paranormal abilities

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:03 pm

I would love to give it a try, but I have no paranormal abilities. I haven't had any paranormal experiences even except for the one that happened to me last Winter, and has not recurred since.

Mike

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:02 pm

i wish I had paranormal abilities, or super powers.
But if I did, I'd probably not only pay off my debts with the prize money, but become a super hero. XD
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 pm

An Alice Cooper connection here.

"He was hired by the Coopers to design the tour special effects and toured with the Alice Cooper group on the 'Billion Dollar Babies' and 'Billion Dollar Babies Holiday' tours (any others?). He played the mad dentist in 'Unfinished Sweet' and the executioner during 'I Love the Dead'. He was quite peeved that he wasn't given first dibs at being Santa on the holiday tour until someone explained why Bob Greene was along on the tour.

The agreement between Amazing Randi & Alive Enterprises was for 3 illusions. One was possibly a "Buzzsaw Illusion" that was never used.

One was not the Guillotine, and the other illusions weren't used in the show. There were probably later contracts for other Illusions."

This info is from a fan site and forum I visit regularly. The comments about him being the mad scientist and the executioner means he was on stage for these parts of the live show during 1973-74.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:23 am

I was watching some of the older episodes of Talking Dead a couple weeks ago and was astounded when Alice Cooper called into the show. Sort of makes sense that he would be a Walking Dead fan. Caught Chris Hardwick by surprise too.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 am

Alice Cooper also made an appearance in the recent "Dark Shadows" movie.

Mike

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:59 pm

He has been in quite a few movies. Usually as himself though or as a rock star.

http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/content.p ... m_menu.php

He isn't in all of these films. He isn't in F13: part 6, Iron Eagle 2, Shocker or Bloodrayne. He has songs on the soundtracks. He is in all the rest with varying degrees of screen time.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau