The Truth Game

All types of Halloween games, Halloween Word Games and the like!
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: The Truth Game

Post by Andybev01 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:49 pm

I'd take the intelligent life info, I don't believe in the other two.

Travel back in time to either save the Hindenberg or, invest in the stock market?
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri May 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Well, I know thos is going to sound a bit cold, but I don't I believe that you can't change History. Anyone who died on the Hindenberg woudl have died some other way if the Hindenberg tragidy would have been stopped. I also think that by altering History, you could do much greater damage. On the other hand, I oftenwonderd what would have happened if some one could go back in time and assissinate Hitler. But even that would be a very tough question to answer since it was Hitler's blundering that ultimately lead to Germany's defeat, and if he had been assisinated, a more competent Nazi might have taken his place and the Holacaust and WW2 may have lasted longer then it did. So as cold as it sounds, I am going to go with going back in time to invest in the stock market. More precisely, I would want to go back to 1979, and invest everything I have in the Apple Computer company, and as soon as Microsoft came onto the scene, invest in that, too.

Okay, now for my question. I probably posted it here before, but maybe not quite the same way.

SCENARIO: NASA has developed a plausable star ship that's capable of travel through out the galaxy. An earth like planet, complete with oceans, forrests, planey of space and perfectly suitable for human habitation has been discovered. There are no intelligent beings who inhabit it, only plants, animals and plenty of resources. The United Nations has decided to colonize this planet. The dangers colonists are faced with are about the same as the first settlers in America were faced with as far as wile animals, insects and the like. There is also no returning to Earth, due to the expense. Those who volunteer to go realize it's a one way ticket. The goernment will pay your expenses there, but they will not allow you to come back. It's a life time comittment.

You are pulled over while driving a car that you borrowed from a friend. The police search the car and find two kilos of cocane, and you are jailed. A 'jurry of your peers' finds you guilty, and youknow that there's absolutely no way you are going to be retried. The judge gives you a choice:

1. 20 years in prison and a criminal record for the rest of your life.

2.you can go to this new planet as a colonist with a totaly clean record.

Which one would you choose. Remember, once you get there, you can never come back to Earth again, ever for the rest of your life.

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed May 20, 2009 7:07 pm

I'd go off-planet (as they said in Blade Runner) but I'd take the Halloween culture with me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue May 26, 2009 10:48 am

Okay, here's nother question that I thought I would pose. I was watching a new DVD yesterday about serial killers, and it gave me the idea. Here is the scenario:

You have an oportunity to buy the house of your dreams. It's perfect in every way, and has everything you want in a house. You can get it for a realy chep price, like under 20 thousend dollars, and 0 percent financing. Here's the catch. A convicted serial killer, by some horrid mistake in the Criminal Justice System has been paroled and is moving into the house right next door. You go on line to check out his profile, and you find out that you are an absolute perfect fit to the type of person this serial killer likes to victimise. Would you buy and live in that house?

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Tue May 26, 2009 7:34 pm

I would not! I can find another house that more expensive and crappier, but I least I will live! :shock:

If there was a zombie outbreak and you set up a small, but secure fort with enough food and weapons and ammo, would you just save your family or anyone that wants to come in?
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed May 27, 2009 5:12 pm

I'd let others in because the more people you let in, the less chance of them becoming zombies on the outside, so the attack might be over with that much faster.

Which do you prefer; angels food cake or devils food cake? (thought I'd throw in an easy one for a change)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu May 28, 2009 2:44 pm

I hate to admit it, because I've spouted off so much about being Catholic, but I LOVE Devils Food Cake. I don't call it that. I call it Chocolate Cake, but it's the same thing. Chocolate is one of my prime weaknesses.

Let's say you had a chance to get inside the ancient chamber of the Sphynx in Egypt. Nobody'e ever been there, and there could be un told knowledge in there. If you go inside the chamber there was a 50/50 chance that the 'door' wold shut and you would be sealed in there for ever. Keep in mind that once closed, there's no way you can get it opened again. It's a solid stone block weighing over a thousand tons, and it blocks the only enterence. Would you go in?

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Thu May 28, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm not taking that risk!

If you knew a spell to raise the dead and use them as your slaves, and they wouldn't smell or be gross. Would you use it?
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu May 28, 2009 6:47 pm

Raising the dead might be fun for a lark, but I would think that they would require too much supervision, not being able to think and all.

Given the choice between raising the dead or healing the sick, which would you choose?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat May 30, 2009 3:57 pm

I would choose healing the sick, because the dead might not want to be raised. The ones in Heaven would feel cheated that they had to return to this Earth, and the ones in Hell would spread evil through out the world. So I would heal all the sick, and pretty much negate the need for all the health care.

Okay, here's the next scenario. A beautiful Rolls Royce Phantom 4 is on sale for the unrealistic and totatly reciculuos price of $150.00. You go on Google and on Carfacts and you research it. To your horror, you find out that the previous owner used it kill his wife, and after he did her, he took the three triplets, who are only infants at the time. laid them out on the drive way and ran them over. Others have told you that they have seen strange things happen with that car. It seems possessed. It's been said that it starts itself, tried to kill the last person who drove it, and a mechanic was actualy killed when it mysteriously started up it's engine, and all the doors and windows to the garage were shut ant he was affophixiated. Would you buy the car?

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:33 am

I have enough problems with my Volkswagon so, no.

...but let's say that you bought the car and it becomes readily apparent tat in order for you to keep it you must sacrafice another person once a year to keep it.

Do you?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Absolutely not. Murder is not what I'm about.

Let's go to a little different story scenario. You walk into a pawn shop and you see this beautiful gold witch with 13 hours in the dial. You take this curious object in your hand, and the clock chimes at 13 O'Clock, and time completely stops for everyone except for you. For an entire hour, you have total and complete freedom. Would you take the watch? Oh, and here's the catch. You MUST sell it for LESS then you paid for it before you die, or you go to hell for all eternity.

Again, would you take that watch?

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:25 pm

I would because I would use those extra hours to somehow amass a fortune in as short a time as I could without resorting to larceny.

Now if you bought the watch and figured out that if you wound it backward once a day you could theoretically live forever, but if you forgot to do it just one day you would cease to exist at the stroke of midnight that evening, forfeiting the afterlife (heaven or heck), would you?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:36 pm

Nope. And I'll telll you why. I often can be forgetful. I leave things at home, forget to check on things some times, and that's because of such a busy and hectic schedule. It would be just like me to forget just once, and then I would cease to exist, so even if I did take the watch, I would never wind it backwards.

Now, as long as we are on the subject of time pieces, suppose you had the oportunity to travel into time. The way the trip works, is you get a two way ride from the present time and back to the present time. The trip involves a trip of 10,000 years either way. Would travel into the distant past, or to the distant future?

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Future. I'd research the financial scene, go back in time and make some profitable investments.

Tweaking your idea a bit, let's say it's a one-way ticket.

Do you go back or forward to live out your days?