Promoting my book: Sky Kingdom

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Promoting my book: Sky Kingdom

Post by MauEvig » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:21 pm

Anyone have any advice on how I can promote my story?
I would put this under Halloween writing or another part of the forum but it's not really relevant to Halloween.
The story is called Sky Kingdom, likely the working title will be "The Chronicles of Ark'eth: Sky Kingdom" since the story takes place in my own imaginative world.
I have nine chapters written plus a prologue and I'm working on chapter ten. I'm very serious about wanting to get my story published and written and I'm going to work hard at it. I really want this book to be a success and I've been working at it for several years now.
I know there's a lot of kinks that need to be worked out in it though. Grammar, description and such I realize they need work. Right now I'm just trying to get the story out in rough draft.
What I really could use is a volunteer beta reader and maybe someone who could point me in the right direction as far as a publisher goes.
I rather not self publish unless it's a last resort...if I do I'll likely go with lulu.com.

So this is my other project other than College and Career. :)

It's basically a science fiction/fantasy type of story. I try to keep it appropriate, though there are a few more grown up themes in it. I'd say it's meant for young adults. There's magic, action, advanced technology, and drama all on a world made up entirely of Anthropomorphic animals.

Fast Forward to 2024 Edit: Bumping this topic since I actually have an update for it.
So as I might have mentioned in other story threads that I've posted here that I was working on a book called, Sky Kingdom.
I also might have mentioned that the first draft has been completed and it's now in editing phase.
I have at least two volunteers to be beta readers. But I will say editing has been an extensive process for certain. I've put this book off on and off for years pushing it to the back burner and then forward again. But progress is being made. This summer this project will be my major focus. Well, besides cleaning and studying for the praxis anyway. :lol:
I'm planning on publishing with Lulu. After careful thought, I've decided I'd like to keep the rights to the story and characters.
If anyone's interested in the book, I'll be sure to post when pre-ordering is available. :)

Sky Kingdom isn't necessarily scary, but I suppose some scenes CAN be. Just not scary in a horror/halloween sort of way, so that's why I'm posting about it here. It's more of a fantasy/science fiction/adventure story following the character of Ravine. Ravine's an anthropomorphic cat who's trying to find herself and her purpose. She's trying to figure out who and what she is and finds herself on a journey of self discovery where she must find and save her people from an evil dictator who's trying to enslave and destroy her people.
If you enjoy fantasy and science fiction literature, with a lot of magic, adventure, some advanced technology, anthro animals, you'll enjoy this adventure. :)

Gee whiz! I posted this in 2015? This has been almost 10 years ago. How long have I been working on this thing!? XD I think I started this project around 2012 or so. Oh well. It's about time I get this thing done and published!
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Promoting my book: Sky Kingdom

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:43 pm

I'll show this to my daughter. She also writes a lot. And she keeps her ear to the ground about markets, etc. I know she has read lots of self-published and fan fiction stuff, and she says some of it is surprisingly good. It's a new world out there for creatives.