HIPPIELUVN'S SPRING BREAK MOVIETHON 2016

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: HIPPIELUVN'S SPRING BREAK MOVIETHON 2016

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:50 am

Palm Springs Weekend is so NOT a fun teen movie, as it looks to be from that poster.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:49 pm

Tonight, I'm watching Tropic Thunder... Haha :lol:

Kolchak
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Kolchak » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:31 pm

hippieluvn wrote:Tonight, I'm watching Tropic Thunder... Haha :lol:

Tropic Thunder is awesome. I can't wait for the new Zoolander to come out!

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:33 pm

A cheesy but funny spring break flick is Fraternity Vacation. It stars a very young Tim Robbins.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:24 am

Kolchak wrote:I can't wait for the new Zoolander to come out!
Haven't seen 2oolander yet, but it's been out for a few weeks :D

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:51 pm

Tonight, I'm watching 2005's The Dukes of Hazzard... Haha :lol:

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:29 pm

hippieluvn wrote:
Kolchak wrote:I can't wait for the new Zoolander to come out!
Haven't seen 2oolander yet, but it's been out for a few weeks :D

Yea I saw it. I meant to say I want to buy it on DVD when it comes out.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:42 pm

hippieluvn wrote:Tonight, I'm watching 2005's The Dukes of Hazzard... Haha :lol:

Be careful. That video has the Confederate battle flag in it. By showing that flag you are committing a crime greater than any other since the dawn of mankind. Every single problem. Every single sin. Every single bad and evil thing on this planet can be tied to that flag.

If we got rid of that flag and tore down every single monument, shrine or place of honor to the Confederacy, things would be perfect. If we just burn every book that has ever been written about that evil flag and the people who supported it; every single problem this world has ever faced, would end. No more crime. No more war. No more drugs. No illiteracy. No teenage pregnancy. No civil strife. No bad language. No rapes. No prisons. No more anything bad. Just by destroying that flag. Wow! We have such enlightened and caring leaders. :x :roll:

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:24 pm

Tonight, I'm watching Darby O'Gill and the Little People :wink:

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:47 pm

hippieluvn wrote:
Kolchak wrote:
hippieluvn wrote:Tonight, I'm watching 2005's The Dukes of Hazzard... Haha :lol:

Be careful. That video has the Confederate battle flag in it. By showing that flag you are committing a crime greater than any other since the dawn of mankind. Every single problem. Every single sin. Every single bad and evil thing on this planet can be tied to that flag.

If we got rid of that flag and tore down every single monument, shrine or place of honor to the Confederacy, things would be perfect. If we just burn every book that has ever been written about that evil flag and the people who supported it; every single problem this world has ever faced, would end. No more crime. No more war. No more drugs. No illiteracy. No teenage pregnancy. No civil strife. No bad language. No rapes. No prisons. No more anything bad. Just by destroying that flag. Wow! We have such enlightened and caring leaders. :x :roll:
First, I'm not interested in a political debate, but I will engage a bit. As a native white Southern gentleman, I do not see the Rebel flag as offensive when used in entertainment, but it has no place flying over state buildings etc. since it is offensive to many Americans, especially those whose ancestors were enslaved under a regime that flew said colors during a war that was fought to protect slavery as an economic model. The Confederates lost the American Civil War. I've never understood why some of my fellow Southern Americans celebrate this loss by flying the Rebel flag and erecting statues of military officers who were lost at war. If you travel to Germany, you won't find statues of Nazis or see the swastika flying over government buildings, but sometimes you might see these images in entertainment. In my opinion, therein lies the difference. Hope this helps.
Using that same type of logic I guess we should remove the US flag since we lost the war in Vietnam. I suggest you google KKK march Washington DC 1920's and then hit images. You will see quite a few US flags but not a single Confederate flag. I'm 56 years old and have been in uniform of one type or other my whole life, so nobody can say anything about my patriotism and loyalty to this country.

It never ceases to amaze how someone thinks by being born somewhere it makes them an authority on something. It doesn't. To compare the Confederacy to the Nazi's is a poor attempt to win an unwinnable argument by saying we would send people to extermination camps. When in doubt call someone a racist. Typical uneducated logic.

I got news for you bucko, the US government knew long before the camps were liberated what was being done and many were left until the last minute before they were liberated, because they didn't suit the military needs at the time. In addition, it was the Unites States government not the Confederate one at the time Hitler came to power and did nothing until it was too late, and war was already at hand. So if you're going to blame the South for something, you better make sure you blame the good ol' USA for alllowing 6 million Jews to die.

You can find places today in California, New York, Florida, New Mexico, Colorado, Oregon and I'm sure quite a few other locations that have banned the flying of the US flag either at all times or at other times so as not to offend the sensibilities of people not from the US. Is that okay too? What you don't seem to be able to understand because of your bigotry is that the elimination of all things Southern is only the first step. The end game is to take away all things that is American.

What people in the South fought for was the continuation of a country that was envisioned by the founding fathers. Yes there was slavery. It was bad. It needed to go and it would have ended much sooner and peacefully if the South had been allowed its freedom. The problems we face today would not have been.

There is nothing that is written that says I can't be offended. The slave trade still continues in Africa today. Are you going over there to stop it? How come there is no cry to ban any of their flags? There are many things that offend me, but I don't see anybody listening to my opinion. So some people are offended. Boo-Hoo. If you can't understand why it's important to have monuments to Southern Americans who fought and died for their beliefs and you only think that 12.7% of the population have a right to be offended and they are the only ones who get a say, then you need to keep watching fantasy TV, because you don't understand anything.

And I do like to fight.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 am

Again, not looking for a political debate here. I'm an American, not a Confederate. The Confederates were traitors to the USA -- nothing to celebrate there IMO.

Btw- I've worn the uniform of my country, too.

Have a great day :D

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:29 am

There is an entire thread devoted to political discourse, gentlemen.

Hint...hint...
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Andybev01 wrote:There is an entire thread devoted to political discourse, gentlemen.

Hint...hint...

Yes, it's needs to stop -- I'm done, and moving onto my spring break movies 8)

hippieluvn
Halloween Master

Post by hippieluvn » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Tonight, I'm watching Dazed & Confused... Haha :lol: