R.I.P. Gene Wilder

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

R.I.P. Gene Wilder

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:09 am

Dammit.
Attachments
courtesy-sdsu-physics.org_.jpg
courtesy-sdsu-physics.org_.jpg (26.12 KiB) Viewed 11085 times
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: R.I.P. Gene Wilder

Post by NeverMore » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:19 am

I need to find a Willy Wonka costume this year.

And for a story straight out of Young Frankenstein...

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: R.I.P. Gene Wilder

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:57 am

About the head transplant--if there were really a way to regenerate the spinal cord and cause a fusion with the new head that would enable the use of the body, why isn't that technique being used on victims of spinal cord injury right now?

Re Gene Wilder, I, too, enjoyed his work and felt stung by his death. I loved him in The Producers with Zero Mostel all those years ago. And the history of Willy Wonka is interesting. I saw that movie as a teenager with a younger cousin. It actually was considered a box office flop. Home video saved it. Generations of children, including my own, have grown up with it now.

The special features on my DVD of Young Frankenstein actually credit Wilder with that idea and, IIRC, much of the script as well. Mel Brooks was brought on board after the fact, because he had already had solid success in movie comedies. Somehow the general public has gotten the idea that Brooks was the creative force behind that movie, but it was Wilder's baby more than his.