Bye.

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Bye.

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:16 am

All things considered I think that this site is circling the drain.

SEO attempts to generate traffic are sophomoric at best, and are obviously outsourced to a party that is completely missing the mark, demographically speaking.

This is most evident from the topic headings that contain censored, 'adult' language in their titles.

The original Halloween.com didn't stand for that, and whoever is currently saturating the board with links , oftentimes multiples of the same link, is either completely unaware of the family nature of the site or is a robot.

I almost wish that the responsible party was our banished member, Ihaunt.

Then at least the damage would be contained.

Hopefully the humans that I have connected with these past 8 years can get a chance to read this before the avalanche of poorly (or, not-ly) chosen posts buries this one.

"Farewell cruel world." - Winifred Sanderson
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Dark and Stormy
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Bye.

Post by Dark and Stormy » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:01 pm

I hear that. I've been a lurker for a while, participate for a couple years (forgot my old password and created a new acct). But this past month it's hard to find actual conversation threads because they are being bombarded with headlines.

I am totally for the occasional relevant or humorous article, but this is excessive.

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:19 pm

While I am sad to see you go Andy, I can't say i disagree with you.

Take care and good luck job hunting.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:00 pm

We'll be sad to see you go Andy! You will be missed.
I plan to stick around for a while anyway. But should the board go completely the way of the dodo, and you all want to stay in touch I do have a page that I maintain on facebook that I guarantee is family friendly, it's a Halloween page but it does focus more on black cats, but other aspects of Halloween are touched base upon as well: https://www.facebook.com/SpookyBlackCats/
Just offering that as an option. I hate to see anyone go. I know I have left and come back, the allure of Halloween always brings me back here.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

vrb8919
Crypt Keeper

Post by vrb8919 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:11 pm

I'm almost to that point as well. Hate it, but it stinks getting on and see nothing but headlines. Is there any way we, or someone can reach out to administrator to voice our displeasure? I'm sure if they are going to start losing people, then they would look at changing something. I don't post a whole lot, but I really used to love to get on here and to get my halloween fix.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Andy, I'm so sorry I missed saying goodbye to you! I've been job hunting myself. I hope you check back in sometime. :(

Spider-Ridley
Zombie

Post by Spider-Ridley » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:53 am

Goodbye Andy and take care. I wish you the best of luck. I would have responded sooner, but I've also been job hunting like some of the other members here. :(

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:07 pm

I'll take some of the blame. As a moderator, I've been doing a pretty poor job of maintaining this place. Forgive me, though-- my husband knocked me up, and I don't make a very good host for parasites. Also had some computer issues-- upgraded to Windows 10, but didn't have dual-core so it was laggy-- took 10 minutes to open a browser! Husband just fixed the processor issue this month. As much as I'd love to be here often, I just don't have the time right now... =( Shoot, I can't even write for my paranormal blog... though I have oodles of topics to share, and things to write about that I've researched long ago....

If you have concerns or issues with this forum, I have my PMs set to email me when I receive a message. I'm getting a little better about checking into places I've been shunning because I've felt terrible. PM me, and I will get to it when I can-- sadly, that's the best I can offer right now.

Sorry to see you go, Andy. I know you've been keeping the place moving for a while. You've my best wishes as you fade into the mist of the beyond-forum-land.