Member "Touch Base" Centre

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Member "Touch Base" Centre

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:34 am

The sub work might pick up once they become more familiar with you. If they like you, some teachers might start requesting you.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:10 am

Thanks for cheering me on you guys!

I think the Semester is over now. I got my first grade for the semester officially: An A in US History. :) It's no wonder really considering my interest in history has sparked quite a bit since moving to Virginia. I might try to pursue that as well when I take my Praxis exams. I'll probably go for endorsements in English, Science and History. I'm not sure about Math. Though I did OK in Math it's just not a subject I feel comfortable teaching since I barely understand Math. It would be like asking me to teach Greek. lol.

I struggled in Economics. It wasn't my best subject. I will admit I only got a C in it. I'm not disappointed though. It was a really hard class and to be honest I'm just relieved I passed this one. Anything is better than an F anyway. :lol: Seriously though this class was akin to pushing a boulder up hill.

I should have passed my other classes as well. Hopefully with As and Bs. Very likely I won't make the President's list this time around, but considering I did for the first two semesters I'm not going to complain. I've still done a lot better at Dabney than I ever did at Alfred.

So now comes the hunt for the right Four Year School. I still haven't got around to contacting Mary Baldwin about Financial Aide yet or if I can do my classes online. One of the girls at the college found this for me: http://www.mbc.edu/adultdegree/education/ba-minor/ It fits what I am looking for to a T. I will need to ask MB about Financial Aide options. If I can avoid loans like the plague I will.

I got accepted with the other School district so I am hoping to pick up hours from them. If not and Kroger doesn't give me more than what I have...it's back to the drawing board.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:42 am

I really hope the Mary Baldwin ADP works out for you! I used to teach in that program. Mary Baldwin is a well-known school, too. Most people have at least heard of it. Well, most Southerners have heard of it.

Congrats on the A in history! Economics is a notoriously difficult course. At Vanderbilt they used the introductory Econ course as a "weeder" course--a way to winnow out the students who might be interested in Econ. It was deliberately discouraging.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:06 pm

Good heavens; a college that challenges students, and not just hand out accreditation for showing up?!

Astounding.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:15 am

I think you might be right about that Murf. :lol: I never heard of Mary Baldwin until I moved to Virginia.
Well hopefully it works out.
If not...Regent might be an online option...guess we'll see...

Haha, Andy's got that right. College should be challenging for sure, but I think the most important thing is that the students learn something from the experience and be able to apply that in the working world. It does bother me sometimes though that even though I have two associates degrees I wasn't able to find anything better than cashiering, janitorial or fastfood. But I'm hoping getting a degree in teaching will change that. I know how worthwhile and rewarding it'll be to be in a classroom. :)
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:12 am

Not all college degrees point you toward a definite career field. A teaching certificate will definitely do that! My younger son is due to graduate this spring, and he isn't sure what to do next. He is majoring in English and minoring in business. Since he isn't planing on grad school, I am assuming that his business minor is what will get him a job.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm sorry for being gone. I've actually been through hell. The story is long and terrible but I'm beginning a new chapter. Anyways, I love it here.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:08 am

We're just glad you are back!

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:53 pm

Thank you.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

PumpkinQueen
Zombie

Post by PumpkinQueen » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:48 pm

So, I can't believe I've made it back again. I'm not sure how many of yall are still here, but back in the day I was HalloweenGirl, and I made this account a bit ago, got busy, remembered, and have come back. Hopefully some of you are still here? A lot has happened as when I was first on here was such a long time ago! :shock:

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Welcome home. :)

Its pretty quiet right now but the usual suspects show up fairly regularly.

Witchy, Murfreesboro, Pumpkin Man is now Pumpkin Head (lost his login during in ill-fated merger a while back) and of course the venerable halloween.com, our esteemed admin.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:00 pm

Always glad to see more peeps, especially when they are returning friends!

PumpkinQueen
Zombie

Post by PumpkinQueen » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:14 pm

Love that, love that. I will take a handful of old friends over none! Wild that I am an adult now in comparison to all those years ago...

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:55 pm

"I would rather sit on a pumpkin, and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion." - Thoreau

danielgrant007
Ghost

Post by danielgrant007 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:27 am

The purpose of this organization is to provide deafblind men and women with a day habilitation facility where they can particpate in organized, meaningful, and purposeful activities. These individuals will attend the day hab with their interveners for four to six hours daily under the supervision of a program coordinator specialized in deafblindness. Each client will have a custom plan of activities and goals created by a team comprised of their guardian, intervener, and the program coordinator. They may use tactile calendars with symbols, cook their own meals, have an exercise regimen, and participate in different group projects. Additional activities offered will be pottery, candle-making, baking, etc.
david