i need a job!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:57 am

:lol: , no Kallie, not abandoned...I guess they just haven't been too fond of cleaning either-for at least a few years. :wink: Yeah, I had to start cleaning houses a couple years back so we could come up with a little extra cash...most times I enjoy it allright, I mean, at least I get some time to myself to listen to my tunes. :P

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:47 am

today, i have to work 10:30-7:30. :evil:i'm so mad!!! i haven't had to work that late since before i had a child. it's taking my whole sunday away from me! i'm the type of person that likes to go in to work as early as 5 just to get off early and spend time with my family, but i guess you have to make sacrafices to have a job-even if it's your family your sacraficing. i know that i really needed a job, but i can't help feeling like i deserve something better. yesterday was my first day and i already hate it. i pretty much walk around for 8 1/2 hours doing nothing! and i only make 6.55/hr which is <deleted>, <deleted>,<deleted>! my last job that i just quit in september, i was making 10.50/hr, so i have taken a major cut and because i only work weekends, i make about $375/month. thank goodness my student loans have paid most of my bills for 4 months! screw sears and roebuck! :evil:

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:50 am

oh yeah, you guys probably think i'm as sweet as cake, but i'll probably get myself into trouble at this job for my mouth :lol: i hate being told what to do and i'm young and i still haven't learned to keep my mouth shut. i have no problem telling someone off for doing something that i don't agree with. i have got a motor mouth that just keeps going when i'm mad and i tend to dig the hole deeper and deeper alot of times. :lol: sorry, guys i just need to vent about my crappy job!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:46 pm

Kallie... Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. Image I know, I know.... But it must be true 'cuz that's what everyone is always telling me!
Do I need to remind anyone just how it was I was fired?

Let's hope I don't screw this next one up.... YES, that's right!!! I got a job!
It's with Albertsons. They're in no way as big as Safeway but they're starting me off at a dollar more than what Safeway was paying.
I'm going to be doing the same thing and I'm gong to be calling all my loyal customers and letting them know where I am now.
Not only have they gained a new employee, they'll be gaining about 30 new customers!!!

Can I have a raise?

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:31 pm

OH, OEJ, that is WONDERFUL!!!!!! :D conGRATuLATIONS, MAN!!! This is great, great news, AND you're starting out with a dollar more!! Probably more than that to follow when you bring all your Safeway customers over-yeeeeeeaaaah, time to show 'em how it's done at Albertsons! I'm very, very happy for ya!! :P

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:42 pm

Thank you, Laurie!!!
It's been almost a month and a half and I have to say I've been getting a bit un-nerved! :)

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:53 pm

This is a job very well deserved for you...man, I'm still smiling here, this is great **sighs of relief**! :D You guys definitely get to rest easier now, my great friends, and that puts joy in 'me heart!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:18 pm

Hey OEJ, a huge congrats on the new job! :D That's such wonderful news :D And I'm glad it all worked out that "there truly was something better waiting around the corner for you" with the better pay then with Safeway, how sweet! :D Oh you must be so happy, I know I am, and I hope you manage to snag back your old customers :wink: Best wishes on your new journey OEJ, oh and by the way, where did you get that emoticon and how did you add it?

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks, Dod. I'm pretty happy about it, but I'd still rather have my old job back....... it's a principle thing. And I'm not going to start getting a little relief till that first paycheck.

hehe.... the Mrs. was looking over my shoulder and corrected my spelling of 'relief'. I had spelled it r-o-l-a-i-d-s. :roll:

The dancin kitty, Doddy, is just one of many emoticons I have in my photobucket account. I usually have PB up at the same time as Halloween.com so I can make quick transfers!

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:43 pm

OEJ!!!!!!! i'm so happy for you!!!! :D 8) :) :D will you get a payday in time to buy the mrs. some awesome christmas gifts :wink:

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:37 pm

OEJ, haven't seen ya all day. hope you're not working too hard! :lol:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:40 pm

Sorry, Kallie, hun.... I've been watchin. postin here and there, :D

LawP
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by LawP » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:31 am

OEJ, I am sooooo glad you found a job!!! :D And taking Safeway customers along for the ride is icing on the cake. :twisted:
Don't drink and fly...