i need a job!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:26 pm

Total <deleted>! crapCRAP<deleted> you guys are having to put up with!!! You'd think a few dilligent, honest folks out there like yourselves looking for a decent job would be snatched up in a minute! :x Alright, well that place on craigslist can just stew in the suck business brought about by keeping the deadbeat nephew on board, and as for the Walmart interviewers, CURSE THEE!! What is it with management that expects all their prospective employees to be literate, yet somehow it's not important for them???

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:33 pm

oh man, OEJ! what turds those guys were! :x something will work out for us in time. patience is the key! :wink:

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:35 pm

oh, i forgot to thankyou laurie for being so caring and sweet. thanks for looking after me! i love you all so much! :D

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:30 am

Just wondering if there are any new developments on the job front for anybody here.......

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:12 pm

nope, still looking. i have never once borrowed money from my parents, but i finally put my pride aside and they're gonna send me a pretty good chunk of change. i'm expecting anyday now (they live in arizona, so it's making quite a journey to KY) i feel terrible and i hate myself for borrowing from them, but this is my first time and i hope that i never have to do it again.
:(

Succub'Oz

Post by Succub'Oz » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:40 pm

Nuthin here. For either of us. Crimany.

I had to borrow money from my dad for the first time ever this year and I'm 34!! I hated, hated, hated it, but things were really bad. And now he's tapped out so he can't help anymore. My whole family is tapped out right now.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:45 pm

i know how you feel Succub'Oz, my folks are about to move back to KY from AZ right before christmas and they driving too, so it's goona cost them alot so i feel extra guilty about borrowing. :(

MHooch
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by MHooch » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:45 pm

That sucks, OEJ. Nepotism at its finest!!!

The right job will come along in the right time.

Fingers crossed for you and kallie both....
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: i need a job!

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:47 pm

kallie0509 wrote:i'm so stressed. i need a job so bad! i have a total of 3 dollars in my bank acount and my bills total up to $770 a month not including groceries. i don't know what i'm going to do. i have no christmas money for my little girl :cry: . sorry, i just wanted to vent my frustration because this issue is giving me panic attacks. i have a constant pain in my chest at the thought of not being able to pay my bills. i go to school and took out some student loans, but those will only go so far. i had a job, but i had to quit for some personal reasons and now i'm just stuck.
It may not be the best hon....but find work today paid today locations like labor ready. Keep looking at the Sunday classifieds. Sell what you can. Try Monster.com as well. Most of all, keep your head up. Don't give up, get tough.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:09 pm

thanks Nos, i will keep my head up :D and i do have a lot of my daughters name-brand baby stuff that i need to take to a baby consignment shop here.

ok, well i had i had another interview today at a small local coffeehouse. it sounds promising. they said that they would call in a few days. the only thing that sucks is, they said i would only make minimum wage which is 5.85/hr here in KY :( , but they also make tips. i just may have to do it, but i'll keep looking for something better. i could have a job by now, but the hours that i can work are so limited because of going to school and being a mommy.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:05 pm

Good luck, Kallie!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Being as I'm still looking for work and I LOVE delivering things to people houses and the customer service and all..... An idea occured to me the other night while watching 'The Santa Clause".... What better delivery job is there than THAT????

So, I'm going to wait for Santa to show up at my house, push him off the roof and BE Santa Claus.

I'm sorry. I've thought this through and there's no use in trying to talk me out of it.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: !! Good luck on your mission there, I wouldn't dare try to talk you out of it! You'd make the best Santa ever!! :D Oh, except you gotta work on that belly. :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:29 pm

Here I am, NOW!!! :D

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:54 pm

If you succeed, you'll need a guard dog to help
protect you from some other jerk who's trying
to do the same thing. I volunteer my services.

Especially if I get a chance to thin out the headcount
of those reindeer. I hear, if you eat one, you can fly.
Ta-ta, Prancer & Cupid! (Those names are so "gay")

Besides, Nobody actually uses 8 cylinders anymore.
Usually their running on 6, & 2 fouled plugs anyway.

BTW:
Did you know
that "Donner & Blitzin"
mean "Thunder & Lightning"
in German? Put THAT in your Lederhosen!

Come to think of it. I wonder how many Santa's have been
"bumped-off" roofs over the timeline of his existance?
Well, I say we need a NEW Santa! One who gives
toys to good men and women too. Like Cars,
DVD Recorders, Surround sound systems,
Diamond rings and all sorts of bling.
While we're at it... Let's dump
ol' Mrs. Clause and bring
an up to date lady in
there too. S-Oz
would do
nicely!
:twisted:

Who's all for a Pumpkin Headed Santa,