i need a job!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
kallie0509

i need a job!

Post by kallie0509 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:54 am

i'm so stressed. i need a job so bad! i have a total of 3 dollars in my bank acount and my bills total up to $770 a month not including groceries. i don't know what i'm going to do. i have no christmas money for my little girl :cry: . sorry, i just wanted to vent my frustration because this issue is giving me panic attacks. i have a constant pain in my chest at the thought of not being able to pay my bills. i go to school and took out some student loans, but those will only go so far. i had a job, but i had to quit for some personal reasons and now i'm just stuck.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:46 pm

Oh Kallie. That's just rotten. I feel so bad hearing about all my friends in these crummy situations. I know what it's like.
Have you tried Craigslist ? Click on that link and look up the city you live in and go to it.
I've been using it a lot. Good luck and please keep us posted.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:13 pm

oh, thankyou so much OEJ. you're too sweet!

Succub'Oz

Post by Succub'Oz » Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:47 pm

I need to job too because we are in pretty dire straights ourselves. I haven't worked in 5 years. Before that I worked the same job for 13 years and it's since gone out of business so now I have no references. I have no schooling, no skills, no brains, don't know what I'm gonna do. *sigh*

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:11 pm

No brains.... baaaaaaaah! Don't listen to her! She's truly one of the smartest girls I know. Girls who study forensic science and transcription and still make time for all the other things they do are usually pretty smart.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:53 pm

oh, Succub'Oz, i truly believe that it gets real bad before it gets better and you will make it through. it's never to late to go to college. i never wanted to go to college and i am 23 now and just decided to go. it sucks to take out student loans because you'll have to repay them, but they really help out. especially when you have kids. we'll both find a way soon enough! :D it just sucks right now. :?

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:29 pm

i just got an interview at wal-mart tomorrow at 10a.m. i really don't want to have to give in to the man and work at wally world, but it's the only place that sounded like they really wanted to hire me. wish me luck!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:13 pm

Yes, indeed, Kallie! GOOD LUCK! and let us know how it went!

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:51 pm

Hope they come through for ya, Kallie! And you can always just consider this job something to bridge the gap until something better lands at your feet. I sure have done that before! :)

Succub'Oz

Post by Succub'Oz » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:04 pm

I wouldn't mind WalMart if they could guarantee me I'd never have to touch a cash register and if we lived closer. I'm sure they have some sort of employee discount so I could get holiday decorations and Ooooooz stuff cheaper. Problem is their Oz stuff is regional and I'm not in the right region. *pout*

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:02 pm

*SIGH* Looks like I might be getting a job with a place here called New Seasons Market. It's a rather chi-chi type of place which is OK but I'd also have to do the SHOPPING for the customer as well as deliver it........ hmmmmm.

There'd better be some BIG BUCKS involved here!
Wish me luck!

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:14 am

Well of COURSE, OEJ, I'm crossin' my fingers for ye!! I know I for one would LOVE to pay you the big bucks to bring me our groceries! :D Well, guess the company pays you, BUT I'd give ya a big tip anyways- I hate that chore sometimes. crowds=torture! :x

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:20 am

i know this sounds crazy, but i just love cashiering. i love to press all the buttons!LOL good luck to you guys too! with the way your personalities shine on here, anyone would want to hire you! :wink:

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:49 am

well, i just got back from my interview and it was a no-go :( . they said that i would have to work nights, but i can't because i don't have a baby sitter. it said clearly in my application that i couldn't work at night and they called me in for an interview anyway just to tell that it wasn't going to work out with those kind of hours :x . this is the second time this has happened, where i was called in for an interview and THEN they look at the hours i'm available to work. those turds!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:17 pm

OOOh! Kallie!!!!
Doggoniiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry! Grrrrrrrrr! I HAAAAAAAATE getting let down like that!
Check this out...
I find this place on craigslist not five miles away. They're payin 13/hr, not bad. I call, the guy set me up with a time to come in the next day and all's good.
I get there, TOTALLY impress the guy with my wit, charm and ultra-glowing resume. He describes the job, we joke we tell stories. It was great. He then says that he wants his partner to meet me the next day and that he'll call me in the early afternoon and let me know when to come back in. I stand up, shake his hand and start to leave.
Behind me, just outside the office was a guy waiting to talk to the guy i was just talking to. One says to the other, "Looks like we found our guy!"
To which, the other replies, "It sure sounded like it!" 8)

The next day, no call. So, I call.
"Oh, I'm sorry, Randy's left the office for the day." :shock:
Not soon after I hang up the phone Randy calls me to tell me of the great big argument the owner and himself had over putting the ad up on craigslist at all!
The lame duck that I was to have replaced was apparently the owners toe-headed nephew or something to that nature....... Do I need to go on.
The moral of the story is, never count on having a job until you get your first paycheck.

I hate looking for work. :x
Don't worry Kallie. Something will come along real quick.