i need a job!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:01 am

OEJ, mammahooch is so right, you'd make a Fantastic Santa :D

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:16 am

alright, i'm off to start the new job. i'm a little nervous and kinda not looking foward to working on those cold tile floors. whew, my back is gonna be a-hurtin' when i get off! :shock:

I B Howlin' Wolfman
Halloween Master

Post by I B Howlin' Wolfman » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:16 pm

One Eye'd Jack wrote:The problem I'm having is that everyone wants the best without having to pay for it.

I JUST received a call tonight from one of my most loyal and loved customers wondering what the heck happened and was there anything she could do to help me get my job back.
I was just talking to one of the other drivers the other night and he told he that my name..... A MONTH after I got fired.... is STILL showing up on the weekly driver reports..... "Where's OEJ? Where's OEJ? WE WANT OUR DRIVER BAAAAACK!!!!!

A MONTH after i'm gone..... *sigh*.... that's nice..
Well, I'm GOING to get that job back!!!! As all of you as my witnesses!!!
This is so unfair that you have to go through dire straits because someone didn't like a few spoken words, that could of gone unnoticed otherwise.

But that aside...

I would go back to the workplace an ask to speak to the personel manager, tell him that you really understand why you were dismissed, that you'll keep that kind of chatter to yourself, and that you're on really on hard times. You would love to come back. Hey, all he can say is "No', right? It's worth a try.
-26 Days }'-{1}
My website Link ^

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:33 pm

Thanks Wolfie. I'm already on it!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:46 pm

Wishing you only the very best on your new job Kallie :D

Big_Guh
Haunt Master

Post by Big_Guh » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:52 pm

Yep, good luck Kallie.

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:07 pm

aw, you guys are all too sweet to me! i really do appreciate all the love! :D

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:35 pm

How's it comin' on the new job, Kallie?

What about those Safeway people OEJ, have you talked any sense into 'em yet?

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:42 pm

i start tomorrow and i'm not looking forward to those holiday shoppers! thanks for checking in laurie! :D

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:59 pm

Hey Kallie, I must have missed something :oops: I thought you had already started there, Wally World wasn't it. Well I wish you a good nights sleep and all the very best with your new job :D I know I have No PROBLEMS staying out of the stores this time of the year, that damn xmas music is just vile :evil: One of my favorite stores, well a couple of years ago I was only joking but I said to the salesgirl, who I knew pretty well from dealing with them for years, anyways I said to her "why can't you ever play something like the TNBC soundtrack or something, why does it always have to be this elevator music." Well last year I went in to pick something up and while I was looking around "well low and behold if it didn't come on" I turned to look for a staff member and they were all standing there together laughing, I thought it was so cute :D but they changed it when some other people came in :(

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:19 am

nope DOD,i got hired at sears. i told you guys last weekend that i was starting but it turned out that i had to go in for 8 hours in computer training and it was the most boring ridiculous thing i've ever seen! basically i had to sit in a computer lab and read all these articles about how to fold clothes and things like that and then take tests about it. and their computers were so freaking slow! :evil: i'm talkin, it took 5 minutes to load 1 question-seriously. ah, but anyhoo, i got paid for it and now i'm starting officially today, because i only work weekends. (go to school during the week)

spikewilliams1996
Vampire

Post by spikewilliams1996 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:43 am

I feel sorry for you kallie but i feel more sorry for you now that the holiday shoppers are coming good luck!!!
The only way the evil thing can get you is if you think about it.

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:31 pm

kallie0509 wrote:nope DOD,i got hired at sears. i told you guys last weekend that i was starting but it turned out that i had to go in for 8 hours in computer training and it was the most boring ridiculous thing i've ever seen! basically i had to sit in a computer lab and read all these articles about how to fold clothes and things like that and then take tests about it. and their computers were so freaking slow! :evil: i'm talkin, it took 5 minutes to load 1 question-seriously. ah, but anyhoo, i got paid for it and now i'm starting officially today, because i only work weekends. (go to school during the week)
Taking training classes on folding clothes?? Seems like a total waste of your intellect and time, but hey- whatever they want to pay ya for, eh? :wink: And they must have dial-up connection, five mins. to load a question- Jeez. :lol: Good luck on your first weekend, they're breaking you in on a busy one!

Well, I can't say that I need a job because I have one (in addition to minding my monkeys :wink: ) as a housecleaner...but I guess this is the most appropriate place for me to vent about it. I just took on a new house today, first time cleaning it....I was there for SIX. AND. A. HALF. HOURS. :x Oh my God, y'all, I've never seen so many cobwebs and dust in my LIFE. And I almost cried when I saw the first bathtub I had to clean..but, in the spirit of Thanksgiving that just passed, I'm grateful for adding a little extra dough to the pot and at LEAST I can say it will never be as dirty as it was again, so next time it'll only take me around 2 & 1/2 hours. :)

Tomorrow I have two regulars on the schedule....I sure am working off my sinful gluttony this week. :roll:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:13 pm

Boy.... I remember having to learn how to fold shirts when i worked at 'The Squire Shop', back in the late 70's. I thought, this is real silly, but you knwo what..... I fold shirt that same way, to this day. :D

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:46 pm

laurie, you clean houses?! wow, you have more patience than i do. i don't even clean my own house! :lol: was this new house and abandonded house?