Donate Turkey Dinner FOR FREE!

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Donate Turkey Dinner FOR FREE!

Post by jadewik » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:09 pm

Shedd's Country Crock has a website called http://www.spreadthesharing.com and all you have to do is write a short story of how someone shared with you or you shared something with someone, and then Shedd's will donate a hot meal for the poor.

If everyone told a brief three sentence story (no matter how big or small you caring act was), and then shares this site with their friends and family ... we could easily feed a few thousand people.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and really think about and be thankful for all the blessings in your life!!
http://www.spreadthesharing.com

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:36 pm

this sounds so great. i'm going right now to share a story! :D

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:04 pm

Thank you so much for this thread, Jade! What a WONDERFUL idea!!!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:42 am

Oh jadewik, I just love things like this! :D Our city also does some fantastic community sharing ideas like this and I just love getting involved. Do you think they would count my story as a meal even though I live north of the border? I would e greatful if they would :D

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:56 am

I don't see why they wouldn't count it. I couldn't find anything about it being restricted to residents of the USA-- though you do have to enter a zip code. If you want, I can loan you one from Arizona and you can be an honorary desert dog for a while. =D

The University's Zip is: 85719

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:14 am

i went there and typed in my story and then it said that it could accept it because it had to use alphnumeric and be less than 500 characters and it was-or so i thought. :( what happened?

kallie0509

Post by kallie0509 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:29 am

well i went back and took out all punctuation and stortened my story and i was a little disapointed because it wasn't that long to begin with so i couldn't say what i wanted, but oh well, as long as it helps to feed a hungry mouth for thanksgiving! :D

jadewik
Halloween Master

Post by jadewik » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:26 pm

It counts spaces... and it doesn't consider ? " - $ or ! alpha-numberic. I had a difficult time with 3-4 stories I submitted.

I ended up putting them in word and doing a quick word count (it says character number plus spaces).

halloweenqueen
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by halloweenqueen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:30 pm

I told my story and also sent an email out to everyone in my address book with a copy and paste of jadewik's thread telling us about it too. thanks jadewik for posting this! Its a great idea!