LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD (DVD)

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
hauntmaster

LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD (DVD)

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:33 pm

It is amazing to consider the concerns about making a fourth "Die Hard" movie.
Would fans accept an aging icon? Would they embrace a PG-13 rating instead of R?

Well, yippee-ki-yay, yes - they did. Bruce Willis is back as super cop John McClane, still rockin', rollin' and knockin' heads.

Both PG-13 and Unrated version available on DVDs. Check your local video store.

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:50 pm

We just watched this last night and as completely over the top some part were, we thought it was GREAT!!!

My suspension of disbelief was at full throttle and I just went with it. Even that scruffy little "I'm a Mac" guy, whom I can't stand, was even convincing enough.

If you're a fan of Bruce Willis or all-out, rock-em sock-em adventure movies, you have to see this!

For myself, however, I would have liked it if they'd gone back to their 'around Christmas time' formula. I see the first two around Christmas almost every year. GREAT Christmas movies!!!!
But that's just me. I like 'Lethal Weapon' for that very reason!

hauntmaster

Post by hauntmaster » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:36 pm

Of course! I love Lethal Weapon movie! It was really good!

BTW, don't forget to see Bruce Willis in PLANET TERROR - Rose McGowan and her own foot soldiers fighting off lots of zombies!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:21 am

Well we went and rented a couple of videos for tonight. I picked out Shrek #3 a very rare and odd choice for me really, but I did like the first two, and yep, hubby picked out Live Free or Die Hard, sooooo, I'll let you know what we thought of them soon. :wink:

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:01 am

OH DODDY!!!!!! That is SOOOOO funny... Those are the SAME movies we rented together the other night!
What a double feature, eh?

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:26 am

Hey Mat, That is funny, what were the chances of that eh :wink: Ok, well we haven't watched Shrek #3, we'll watch that one tomorrow night. We just finished Live Free or Die Hard and I thought it was an excellent movie, actually I thought it was one of Bruce Willis's Better Action films, a little over the top in some areas but all in all a great adventure :D But I'd still say my favorite Bruce Willis Movies are; The Sixth Sense, Twelve Monkeys and Death Becomes her.

But I would agree that Live Free or Die Hard is worth renting :wink:

Laurie Strode

Post by Laurie Strode » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:21 am

What, you guys think that dude in the helicopter trying to missile launch the big rig McClane was driving off the freeway was a little over the top?? And the fact that he was STILL driving it like a pro even though huge chunks of roadway were falling away all around him seemed a tad unrealistic? That could happen. :roll:

Nah, it was a good movie, my husband and I really enjoyed it....seems like you have to employ your suspension of disbelief for basically every new flick these days :lol: , but they're fun anyway.

OEJ, you not being a fan of the 'Mac' guy, you should see the movie Jeepers Creepers..have you already? He's in that one- you'll like what happens to him. :wink:

jadewik
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by jadewik » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:59 pm

That whole bridge scene made the civil engineer in me cringe... a bridge wouldn't collapse tier after tier like that just being shot at a couple times. A missile would likely only blow up the tier it was aimed at, since the load would be absorbed in the supports. Furthermore, bridge spans use a fixed support at one end and a roller at the other end to account for expansion/contraction of the concrete in weather and under dead (existing conditions like wind and weight of concrete) and moving loads (traffic, etc)-- otherwise the concrete would crack.) Concrete is also very strong under compressive stress and cracks in tension... they had the bridge cracking from the wrong side too.

... but all that aside, the movie really kicks booty. I bought the special edition with the extra features when it came out last Tuesday. The Die Hard music video on disc 2 was really fun to watch!

One Eye'd Jack

Post by One Eye'd Jack » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:20 pm

Laurie Strode wrote:OEJ, you not being a fan of the 'Mac' guy, you should see the movie Jeepers Creepers..have you already? He's in that one- you'll like what happens to him. :wink:
Heheh..Thanks Laurie! Duly noted! :twisted:

And Jade, Like I said... My suspension of disbelief was at "Full-Throttle"!

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:59 pm

Hey Laurie, ya I guess you could say my suspension of disbelief was slightly in overdrive. There were several parts to the movie I thought were so unrealistic you couldn't do nothing but laugh at them, and that bridge scene was only one of them. I guess I was saying "a tad over the top" in a funny but slightly facetious manner. BUt you're totally correct, it was still a fun movie to watch. :wink: