What made you mad today?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Murfreesboro
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What made you mad today?

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Wow, that sounds scary!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:01 pm

It was spectacular AND very scary, but Old Mom didn't raise any fools. Every spent item was picked up and placed in the burning spot BEFORE the fire was lit. There was no running to throw anything in the fire once it was blazing, because that would have been a great way to get hit by a stray spark, flaming ball, or what ever.

At any rate, we chased all the kids away, gathered up everything after the show was over, then went round with bright flash lights to make sure we didn't miss anything. I use to being my stereo system and set it up on picnic benches, so I would crank out the tunes (usually Sousa marches and military marches during the fireworks, then Rock & Roll during the burning) and after 'the coast was clear,' we would pour in some charcoal lighter and run away. We got a great blaze roaring out of that garbage can, and the usual sizzles, pops, sparkles, or what ever, and then BLAM!!! Like I said, we were all far enough away so nobody was hit by any fragments of that metal garbage can. The concussion did knock the CD I was playing off of it's pivit point, however and the music went totally dead. I had to eject it and start it playing again, but by then the fire was pretty much 'blown' out.

The owner of the land we were on was finding fragments of garbage can and spend fireworks for a whole year in his corn field. He was a good sport about it, however.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:10 am

Wow, what a time!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:50 pm

Yeah, we had some WONDERFUL 4th of July parties back in 'the day.' Now a days, it's not even possible to get everyone together any more. I'll definitely have some neat fireworks for next 4th of July, but I could never re capture those wonderful lost family moments.
Those days are gone for good.

Mike