What made you mad today?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What made you mad today?

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:37 pm

I use to work at a community college before retiring in 2014. They had a planetarium and on one of it's exterior walls that very photo you mentioned was somehow printed to it like a mural. I was allways awed by that photo, being that I am a pro photographer myself and would KILL to get a photo op like that. Unfortunately the 'powers that be' or at the last time I heard, decided to paint over it.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:06 am

I cannot imagine painting over that, but people are insistent on redecorating every so often.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:30 pm

I can understand that up to a point, but I also believe in the old saying 'if it aint broken don't fix it.' That was a classic, eye catching mural, and a major 'land mark' as to the location of the planetarium. I can also imagine how much work wen into getting that mural printed onto that wall. Even though it was a photo, it had to require a lot of meticulous work and pain staking attention to detail. To my way of thinking it was tantamount to destroying a piece of art work.

Mike

airdove
Ghost

Post by airdove » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:59 pm

One driver on the road who seemed to be drunk, was acting really strange on the road.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm

He sounds like someone you should avoid. Drunks often behave oddly whether they're driving or not. Some even tend to get violent.

Mike

airdove
Ghost

Post by airdove » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:22 am

Pumpkin_Head wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:24 pm He sounds like someone you should avoid. Drunks often behave oddly whether they're driving or not. Some even tend to get violent.

Mike

Thank you, I know. Had to go on the other street just not to be behind him

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:03 am

It's not just drunks, either. Illinois has legalized that 'other' inebriant which will go into effect the 1st of next January. I can't imagine what the results of that one will be.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:57 am

Murfreesboro wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:49 pm Oh, for sure. I think earthrise from the moon (Apollo 8?) was the moat significant photo of the 20th century.

I think the 'Pale Blue Dot' photo, as Carl Sagan put it, was pretty significant too. Taken from Voyager One at over 4 billion miles from Earth.

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every 'superstar,' every 'supreme leader,' every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there -- on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam." - Carl Sagan

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:34 pm

WOW!! Looking at the world from that distance, one would never know it even had life.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:12 pm

That photo certainly gives food for rumination.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:03 pm

Mesquitos made me mad today.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:24 pm

Around here it's flies. I don't know what brought them, but for the last couple of days we've felt as if we were living in Amityville.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:04 pm

Up here we have little black flies that bite.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:19 am

I've been bitten by flies occasionally in my life. We used to have a saying that flies would bite when it was about to rain.

Thankfully, the flies we are battling don't seem to be the biting kind.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:19 am

It seems that flies and mosquitos are vying for position as Illinois State Bird where I'm living. We also have more then our fair share of deer flies and horse flies, too. Those critters bite and it hurts like the dickens. As for it making me mad, however, it's just one of those disadvantages that comes with the Summer season. I can spray for mosquitos, deer flies and horse flies, but there's no spray made that can get rid of sub zero cold, ice on the pavement, 6 inches of snow and the other countless disadvantages that comes with the Winter season. In fact, from where I stand, the ONLY good news about Winter is that it's bug free.

Mike