Real world scary

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
NeverMore
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Real world scary

Post by NeverMore » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:33 am

Ever see the movie 'Minority Report'? Where they use telepaths to uncover when someone is about to commit a crime and arrest them BEFORE they can do it? Well... welcome to the real world.

http://gizmodo.com/5847937/dhs-begins-t ... he-willing

While they are not using telepaths, the government has come up with a system to predict when someone may commit a crime. With a special algorithm, they use data collected about a person to determine if they could be hostile. This is why I hate companies collecting data about me!

The program is currently voluntary but the pessimists (realists?) amongst us may wonder if our Uncle Sam isn't already using this against his citizens. It scares me that they may in the future.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Real world scary

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:25 am

That's pretty creepy!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 pm

If I do something wrong, punish me, but only God has sthe right to hold me accountable for the thoughts I get in my head. As for this so called "FAST," It's a bunch of milarky (too polite a term, but cant' say what's really on my mind in this family friendly web site) The problem is, if they actualy start making arrests based on this, they very may put a lot of innocent people in prison for crimes that they were thinking about comitting. I would like to have a nickle for all the times both of my parents, and all of my older siblings told me "I'll kill you if you ever do that again," or "If you don't shut up, I'll kill you," or "If you aren't back from the store I'll kill you," or "If you get a "D" or an "F" on your report card I'll kill you."

IF that were to be tracked by this so called "FAST" system, all of my siblings, my parents and even I would be in prison for murder, just for saying "I'll kill you if you dont' shut up and let me hear this tv show," or "I'll Kill you if.....whatever."

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Oh, such a system is rife with potential for political abuse. Talk about the thought police!

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:17 pm

sounds like the new show "Person of Interest"....they use a super computer that has cameras all over the country and tracks people with recognition software and cell phone taps and so on and so on to compute if people are a relevant (nations security) or irreverent threats (person on person) threats....
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master

Post by Jack Skellington » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:00 am

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. I think it stinks! Your thoughts are your own & you have the right to think whatever you want!
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:34 am

I wouldnt mind if they developed a mind reading gadget that they could use in a court case to determine guild or innocence, would speed up the process and save lots of money
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:26 am

Google is working on a similar theme ; recorded future.

https://www.recordedfuture.com/
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 pm

Minority Report gets closer every day. Now they want to track our shopping practices by tracking our phones? I don't like this brave new world we're heading in to. Goodbye industrial age, hello information age.

http://gizmodo.com/5862504/shopping-mal ... -cellphone

"While privacy advocates are concerned about the security aspects of logging and tracking a shopper's cellphone ID, the system is completely anonymous and doesn't have access to the person's name, number or even what they purchased."

Yeah... right!!!

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:26 am

Here's another real world scary... http://gizmodo.com/5863078/engineered-a ... lds-humans

Guy has created an airborne version of the avian flu and wants to release the information on how he did it to the public. I can see the bad guys drooling now. This all brings to mind that movie with Bruce Willis, 'Twelve Monkeys'.

If anyone from the CIA is reading this, take out this guy NOW!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:47 pm

OMG, that's truly terrifying stuff.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:49 pm

LIke I said, the Bible does talk about comitting the sin of Aultry in one's mind, but only God has the right to hole me accountable for my thoughts. My thoughts are just that. Mine and no one elses. Nobody has a right to them, and they are NOT for sharing.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:52 pm

And yet another one...

If you own a newer Android phone it's very likely everything you do is being recorded by the handset manufacturer. Your phone calls, text messages, passwords, your location... anything you do is being captured. I assume if you do any banking they even have your account numbers. And people think I'm paranoid because I don't like giving out my info.

http://gizmodo.com/5863849/your-android ... o?autoplay

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:14 pm

New video of the 2011 Japanese tsunami has surfaced...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gh3JrdL-Zg

Really glad I live on a high hill but I have friends who live in the valley. They wouldn't stand a chance.