Does anyone know anything about Teletech?

Non-Halloween related stuff. Same rules: family oriented, no flaming, be nice. ;-)
MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Does anyone know anything about Teletech?

Post by MauEvig » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 am

They look like a legit outsourcing company, and have physical locations as well as work at home opportunities.
Normally I'd be skeptical, but I do realize that some companies do offer work at home. One of my previous jobs at Sitel offered a work at home opportunity, but I got denied for it. But I knew at least that it was a legit company.
So I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about Teletech? So far I got this from Wiki:

TeleTech
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TeleTechThe TeleTech LogoTypePublicTraded asNASDAQ: TTECIndustryBusiness Process OutsourcingFounded1982HeadquartersEnglewood, Colorado, United StatesNumber of locations24 countriesArea servedMulti-nationalKey peopleKenneth D. Tuchman
- Chairman and CEORevenueIncrease 1.18 billion USD (2011)[1]Websitewww.teletech.com
TeleTech Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTEC) is a global business process outsourcing company headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, that provides strategy consulting, technologies, and services for customer experience management.[1] Kenneth D. Tuchman founded TeleTech in 1982.[1]As of August 2012, the company was operating in 24 countries, with a total of 58 call centers.[1]

Contents
[hide]
1 History
2 Social responsibility
3 References
4 External links
History[edit]
The company was founded in 1982 by current chairman and CEO, Ken Tuchman.[2] In 1986, the company moved operations into a small building in Sherman Oaks, California. By 1995, it had added call centers in other states.[2] In 1996 it completed its IPO.[2]

The company expanded globally in Australia and New Zealand, and, by 1999, also opened call centers in Scotland, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, Cleveland and Brazil. By 2005, it had expanded to the Philippines. As of August 2012, it has operations in 24 countries on six continents.[1]

In 2010, it acquired an 80 percent stake in Peppers & Rogers Group,[3] a customer experience thought leadership and management consulting firm.

In 2011, it acquired the integrated contact solutions business unit of eLoyalty Corporation.[4]

In 2012, it acquired iKnowtion,[5] a marketing analytics firm.

In 2012, it acquired Guidon Performance Solutions and its wholly owned subsidiary Syncopation Health Collaborative.[6]

In 2013, it acquired Technology Solutions Group, Inc.[7]

In 2013, it acquired WebMetro

Social responsibility[edit]
A company program enables employees to direct funding and volunteer efforts toward programs, activities and events in line with the corporate social responsibility.[8] One activity was the Hope for Haiti Telethon, for which roughly 5,000 company employees volunteered to take calls from viewers who wanted to donate to earthquake relief efforts in Haiti.[9]

The company's Community Foundation is an employee-driven initiative that dedicates resources, expertise, and volunteer efforts to schools and educational organizations serving students who demonstrate the greatest need. In 2011, the company reported that its Community Foundation program donated 30,000 books, 1,000 computers, and roughly 5,000 volunteer hours to schools and students in need.[10]

So it looks legit...they offer $8.50 to $9.00 an hour for their customer service representatives...not an unrealistic amount like some websites do such as the ones that say "YOU'LL MAKE $20,000 in ONE DAY!" Yeah...you know something like THAT Is complete bull. Y'know what they say, if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

BUT this one looks legit...and I know there's some legit ones out there...but one has to be careful because there's always the possibility of job scams...so I'm wondering of anyone knows anything about it...
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Does anyone know anything about Teletech?

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:56 pm

I have never heard of them. $8.50 to $9.00 seems kinda low for customer service reps. Those jobs have high turn over for a reason. If you go for it, good luck.

I am still waiting to hear if I will be accepted in to the training program that will start in about three weeks.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:45 pm

The name comes up on the NASDAQ and appears to be a legitimate entity.

As far as their business practices are concerned I have no idea.

Sorry.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:01 pm

Thanks for the info you guys. As long as they are legit, that's what matters to me. I'm not sure what NASDAQ is, but if it's something one can use to check whether a company is legit or not, it sounds like a useful resource.
About $9.25 an hour is what I was making when I worked for Sitel, and they were an outsource Customer Service company as well, they offered work at home but I never got accepted for it, and I had to commute 45 minutes to work. Being able to work at home and make $9.00/hour, would translate to me making more in the long run since I wouldn't have to pay for gas and wear and tear on the car.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:53 pm

It's a securities trading organization.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASDAQ
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:33 pm

Now I'm wondering if tutor.com is a legit company.

I looked them up on the Better Business Bureau and Glassdoor.com. They seem legit, albeit a few bad reviews...no company is going to be completely perfect. I just don't want to run into something that's going to cost me with identity theft and such.

I checked that NASDAQ site and didn't really understand the results of it. I'm definitely not an economist. :lol:
Nocturnal Purr-Fection