HAPPY EASTER

Easter talk - in conjunction with EasterBunny.com
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

HAPPY EASTER

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:21 pm

Happy Easter, Folks:

I hope the Easter Bunny is good to one and all. I hope the Easter Eggs are good and the weather is warm in your area.

I'm looking forward to a slow roasted pork loin roast for dinner tomorrow.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: HAPPY EASTER

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:34 pm

I have all the fixings to assemble baskets for the four family houses in the neighborhood tomorrow morning.

Its been sunny and 70 this week and tomorrow looks to be the same.

Happy Easter Mike, and everyone.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:13 pm

Happy Easter! He is risen!

We are having a stormy day, but we have our food and our Easter treats and our DVD of Jesus of Nazareth. Yesterday my husband and I went to church and sang a couple of hymns for the minister's abbreviated Easter church service, now posted on line. If curious, you can visit the YouTube channel for Grace Lutheran Church of Murfteesboro, TN. We are off camera, but you can hear me singing soprano and my husband singing tenor. The church organist, a man, sang the melody with me.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:15 pm

That sounds great, Murf. I attended Mass online this morning, but I really miss going to church on days like Easter and Holy Week. I'm sure God will understand, however. One thing this Covid 19 crises has taught me is what a privilege it is to go to church on Sunday. I'll be hard pressed to take that for granted when this crises is over.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Yes, I am missing church, too. It is my main social activity.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:24 am

Yes, Church is important. I also like to go out to a movie once in a while, and browse a 'brick & mortar' record store for those rare out-of-print gems that aren't even available at a lot of online record dealers. And last, but by no means least, I have been hankering to go on a 'haunted road trip' SO BAD, I can taste it. I actually went out walking my neighborhood with my camera, in search of ANY creepy old abandoned building, car, bus, ANYTHING. NOTHING!! I do hope I can take a 3 day jaunt up to Green Lake Wisconsin, this Summer, to get some photos of the infamous "Witches Road," and that cemetery where a ghost supposedly pushes people off the roof of his mausoleum. That will probably have to wait until August, however. I have a few irons in the proverbial fire for June and July. That is of Covid 19 doesn't put a damper on everything.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:17 am

I hope all of us can do some traveling thus summer.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:28 pm

If I end up going to Green Lake, I plan to make a long weekend of it. I don't trust my old car all the way up to Wisconsen, so I plan to take the Amtrak and then rent a car.

I have to look at the cost factor as car rentals are expensive, and mileage charges can be deadly.

Mike