EASTER IS VERY LATE THIS YEAR.

Easter talk - in conjunction with EasterBunny.com
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: EASTER IS VERY LATE THIS YEAR.

Post by iHaunt » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:20 pm

iHaunt wrote:Mike, I just wanted to let you know a new movie called "Hop" that will come on 1st of April. It is about the Easter Bunny is accidently hit by a car, and it's up to the offending driver to save Easter. It is great for children movie.

So, this movie is out in all theaters right now! :D I know I am not going to see it because of only two more weeks I will go see "Scream 4". ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:46 am

I think I may have seen a trailor for this movie when I went to see "Red Riding Hoow." IT actualy looked like it would be funny. If this is the movie you are thinking of, it's about an Easter Bunny who wants to be a drummer in a rock & roll band.

Mike

ilovemichaelmyers
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by ilovemichaelmyers » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:13 pm

The Night HE Came Home

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Nice Easter Bunny. No biting, now.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:47 pm

ilovemichaelmyers wrote:Image
Ha Ha! I love that evil bunny! :lol:

By the way, Mike, I do have Easter Eggs light and I will place them on my Television shelf next week and leave there till Easter is over. :)

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 am

Our Easter celebration is always very church-centered, too, Mike. My husband & I both sing in the choir. We've done Palm Sunday already, will be at choir practice on Weds. night, then singing Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and both services Easter morning. I am debating whether or not to attend the Easter Egg hunt on Easter Eve morning, also at the church. My own kids are beyond it (daughter, my youngest, is 13, gets confirmed on May 1), but it is still fun to watch the younger kids and help out. Our congregation has Easter breakfast at the church. It is really one big church family. Always fun.

I much prefer Easter in April to Easter in March, although this year is exceptionally late. For one thing, I generally buy gifts, and it is expensive to have a "mini-Christmas" closer to Christmas.

We don't get snow in April, but we can have terrible storms. Two years ago on Good Friday (April 9 that year), we had a massive tornado that tore up the town and killed a woman and baby. The thing passed right over our house but didn't touch down on us. My husband commented at the time that it was Good Friday, and the Angel of Death had passed over us.

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 am

It was really funny when my next door neighobr had maltese dog who eating up some rabbit droppings outside in the backyard, and we all think he was eating some Easter eggs! :lol:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:32 pm

My grane nieces and nephew would love that Easter Egg Hunt. I will be havng dinner on Easter Sunday with my brothers and sisters, but like you, most of my celebration of Easter will be centered around Church. I do plan to slow roast a smoked ham, however, and have myself a little prequel to Easter Dinner on Holy Saturday.

Speaking of tornatos, we had a major tornado last June, that killed a few people and completely demolished a trailer park. The power was out for 23 hours, and since I have an Inernet phone service, when the power is out, I can't get any phone calls in or out, so I had to drive to a gas station and use their phone (No, I DON'T have a cell phone and dont want one) so I could let my brothers and sisters know that I was okay. About an hour after I made that call, the power was restored.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Sunday Easter church is great, Easter hunt is a lot of fun, plus Easter dinner is so good!!! :D I know all of us want Easter candies! :lol:

By the way, Mike, why you don't want cell phone? What if, it's in case of emergency, you know? :?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:05 am

My husband loves ham and always wants it for both Christmas & Easter (at Christmas I generally do a ham & either a turkey or stuffed baked chicken/Cornish hens). I guess the most traditional Easter meal would be leg of lamb, but they don't sell much lamb in this part of the country.

We always dye eggs on Holy Saturday and generally have our own egg hunt in our back yard on Sunday afternoon. My kids have gotten old enough now that they want to hide the eggs for me--and they are fiendish! I almost never find them all.

Then I have a casserole I make with deviled eggs on Easter Monday. It calls for spinach noodles, which used to be easy to find back in the '80s, when I first got the recipe. But I have trouble finding them now.

One year our church had everyone bring some kid of egg casserole to Easter breakfast, and I found this recipe for an egg casserole using (plain) yogurt. It is wonderful!! It looks so rich but tastes so light.

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:45 pm

Murfreesboro wrote:One year our church had everyone bring some kid of egg casserole to Easter breakfast,
Ooof! I hope someone brought the air freshener as well. :lol:
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Ciuin
Halloween Master

Post by Ciuin » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 pm

NO, YOU'RE VERY LATE THIS YEAR!

Wow, there are 4 pages of responses? I don't feel like reading tonight.
'All the water's dead. All of it. And the taps don't work either.'

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Andybev01 wrote:
Murfreesboro wrote:One year our church had everyone bring some kid of egg casserole to Easter breakfast,
Ooof! I hope someone brought the air freshener as well. :lol:
LOL Honestly, I had never thought about that aspect of it--but I did notice that we never did it again!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:39 am

Murf, you are correct. Leg of lamb is the most traditional Easter dinner, but I don't like lamb at all, nor do any of my brothers and sisters. Ham has allways been our main family Easter traditional dinner, any way. Your egg casserol sounds really good, too, but I love to eat the easter eggs with just a little salt, or make deviled eggs. My mom had a wonderful recipe, which my younger sister knows quite well. I will be preparing a Krakaus Polish Ham for Easter to bring to my brothers house for dinner this Sunday. My younger sister will be preparing deviled eggs and candied sweet potatos, my nice will be making potator au gratin made from scratch, not from a mix, and my sister in-law is bringing an assortment of desert items.

iHaunt, I've been in many an emergency. If I had a nickle for every time one of the old beaers I drove back when I was a pup brokd down way out int he middle of no where, and I had to hike miles to find a phone, I would be a wealthy man. Everyone gives me the same argument. Get a cell phone in case of an emergency. My brothers and sisters, my niees and nephews, my co workers, you name it. The simple truth is, there are very, VERY few times when I don't have to put up with a ringing telephone interupting my life. At home it's sales people, or family & friends. I don't mind hearing from family and friends, but whenI'm in the middle of eating my dinner or watching a favorite tv show, I would just assume not have to answer the phone. Some times I won't een pick it up. But often, if there's an emergency cituation, I don't have a choice. At work, it's even worse. I can be in the middle of a major project, and ny one of 5 lines can start ringing off the wall, and it may be half an hour before I can get back to it. The bottom line is, there are only two, (2) times when I don't have to put up with phones ringing. When I'm in my car, or when I'm on my motorcycle. I hav formerly declared, and will renew that declaration, that the time I spend in my car or on my bike, to be ONLY MINE, EXCLUSIVELY MINE, AND NOBODY ELSES TIME BUT MINE. And I also don't want to PAY THE BILL for a cell phone.

So if cell phones are your thing, that's cool. In fact, if I had a daughter, I would probably have one, and get her one to keep in touch, but since I'm a happy bachelor, and have no major comittments, It hink my regular land line will serve my purpose just fine.

Just one more note to those of you who do own cell phones. PLEASE, IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS DECEN THOLY, shut them off when you go to the movies, or in church.

Mike

MacPhantom
Halloween Master

Post by MacPhantom » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:38 pm

I could murder a chocolate rabbit right now. I like to eat the eyes first, so it doesn't know which part of it I'm gonna eat next.