Grim Reaper Exchange

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Grim Reaper Exchange

Post by witchy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:06 pm

It's all most that time of year again, is anyone interested in the Grim Reaper exchange?

For the the new people here, we usually exchange gift to each other sometime next month. We make a like and dislike Grim Reaper page and you list what you would like or don't like from your Reaper, you never really know how it's from till the package arrives, then we make a show and tell page of what we recieved.
We usually spend $10 to $15 on the gifts. When it's time I will ask everyone to send me their name and home or work address and your username, then sometime in Sept I send out your victims name and address, then you usually have two weeks to buy and send out your gifts. If you have any questions please pm me. Thanks!!!
:wink:

MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Grim Reaper Exchange

Post by MauEvig » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:52 pm

Hmmm...sounds like something fun to participate in and build some community spirit.

So it's kind of like the Halloween version of a "Secret Santa?"

I like the idea, but I'd have to think it over. I'm going back to college so I'll need to decide if it'll be within the budget or not, though $10 to $15 doesn't sound too bad.

If I do participate...I'm sure everyone on here knows what I like. I collect Black Cats, plushies, miniatures etc. (Please don't send any real ones though!)
I also never did get that crashed witch last year. I might find one this year, might not. That's another idea too. I just like it because it's humorous.

But right now it's just a maybe, so don't put me down quite yet until I decided one way or the other. I like the idea though, but at the moment I shall wait and see first if it'll fit in the budget.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:00 am

Where will you be going to school, Mau? There are so many good ones up that way.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:46 am

I will be going to a 2-year Community College for now and then planning to transfer to a 4 year.
I haven't quite decided which 4 year school yet, but there was one in particular I was looking at, the only downside though is that it's a private school that might cost a bit more.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:21 am

Do well in the community college so you can qualify for scholarships/aid. Don't assume you have to pay for everything yourself. Most college students are on some type of financial aid, especially at the really pricey places. Not always loans, either. And I know from personal experience, both as a student and as a parent, that the private schools have more aid to offer than most public institutions do. Go directly to the financial aid office of whatever institution you are interested in (i.e., don't start with on-line scholarship searches; sometimes those will ask you to pay a fee for something you could have learned about for free). Good luck, and let me know how things are going for you in that respect.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks Murf, I will keep that in mind. I already have student loans out from when I attended college in New York and I want to avoid taking anymore out. Grants and Scholarships are my friends right now lol. So far the only things I'm paying out of pocket are things like getting my transcripts, my book bag, note books folders, binder and pens. lol.

The name of the college I'm going to is Dabney S. Lancaster, and the name of the college I'm thinking about transferring to is Mary Baldwin. I've heard good things about these colleges. I will definitely keep everyone posted here on my progress. :) I also want to talk with the local Highschool at some point to volunteer and maybe get a substitute teaching job. I think my course schedule might be a little busy for that this semester though. I'm going to be taking classes all week.

Right now I'm pretty much taking your basic education courses like Math, Biology, History and I believe a speech class along with a college preparedness class. The next few months I'm going to be as busy as a bee.

To get a little back on topic I decided to go ahead and take part in the Grim Reaper exchange. I think it would be fun. ^^
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Count me in!

And for the record, I'm a community college dropout, :)
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:16 pm

College! The best 9 years of my life! 8) 8) :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:58 am

"Right now I'm a freshman in my 4th year at UCLA, but my goal is to become a veterinarian because I love children!" -Julie Brown 'cause I'm a blond'
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Haha that's too funny. :lol:

But on a serious note, I really want to study hard and take my education really seriously. I wasn't planning at first to go back to school, but I decided that it would benefit me in the long run to get my Bachelor's degree. There's a lot of schools around here too. I'm going to work hard and do my best. That's all I can do. To me failure will not be an option. It can't be. I know it's a huge risk but I have to tell myself it'll be worth it and pay off in the long run.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:51 am

MauEvig wrote:But on a serious note,
Why so serious.... Image

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:29 am

Let's put a smile on that face! Haha, I remember the Dark Knight. I haven't seen the sequel to it.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:18 pm

So I have:
Andy yes
Witchy yes
MauEvig Maybe?

Any other takers?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 am

Mau, not meaning to hijack the thread, but I taught English at Mary Baldwin from 1987-93. It is a good school, and I'm sure you would like it there. Good luck!

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Witchy I would have laughed if you would have said "Are there any under takers?" XD If I would have read the thread wrong, that's how I would have read it.

I decided on a definite yes to participating.

Mary Baldwin does sound like a good school to get into and I may do some more research into it. Apparently Dabney has an agreement with that school and some other schools that students are automatically accepted if they attend Dabney.

It's too bad you aren't still teaching there, because it would have been pretty awesome to meet you as a College Professor. :D
Nocturnal Purr-Fection