must almost be that time - Spirit Halloween open!

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
JonH
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

must almost be that time - Spirit Halloween open!

Post by JonH » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:06 pm

my wife and I went yesterday to our local Spirit Store (already!), which apparently opened in the past week. This year's decor looks AWESOME, a ton of turnover from the past couple of years.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Re: must almost be that time - Spirit Halloween open!

Post by MauEvig » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm going to have to visit one of those stores one of these days. I saw one in the city once, but they closed before we had a chance to stop in.
From what everyone says on here though, they must be like Halloween paradise. XD
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 pm

they sell cheaply made, over priced, items....a lot of it can also be bought at the general merchandise stores during Halloween, but they also have a lot of items exclusive to the annual Halloween stores and even few items exclusive to Spirit Halloween stores....but just like everyone else, I also make it a point to go see their items a few times during the season because they get more and more stuff in as it gets closer to Halloween, and I love going in there Nov 1st and 2nd for their great sales :)
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:19 pm

The best things about those stores is the displays they set up. They are fun but you would easily spend thousands if you bought everything in just one display.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks for the advice. If I ever visit one of these stores I'll make sure to note the different displays and see if I can find similar cheaper alternatives.
It might be worth it to go even to just get ideas for different things.
I think most of my stuff is either from yard sales, people giving me stuff, or stuff marked down after Halloween. Sometimes I do jump in and grab something if I think it'll sell out and it looks awesome enough to have in my collection though.
Trying to budget a little more this year.
Now things like the Halloween Oreos, they came home with me immediately, but Halloween foods are a different story. lol
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 am

If you are at all crafty, try making "Spirit Jugs" out of old plastic milk jugs. They are super-easy, and my TOTers love them:

www.spoonful.com/crafts/spirit-jugs

SIEFKA
Master Reaper

Post by SIEFKA » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:21 am

There is one 5 minutes away from my college that has been open since August 23. I made sure that before I went off to the university that I drove 40 minutes from my home to go there! :D It brought a huge smile to my face walking through those doors and smelling that smell of the inside of that store. Each Halloween store whether it is Halloween City, Halloween USA, and or Spirit Halloween have an amazing smell. If they could box that smell up in a candle and just release it in October I would be set! I had to go easy on the buying since it was their first day so they were still setting up some but part of the fun is just walking around in there! I bought for my dorm one of those flaming candle lights that hangs from chains it is very cool!

I just can't wait until next Halloween,
'Cause I've got some new ideas
that will really make them scream!
And, by God, I'm really gonna give it all my might!

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:22 pm

SIEFKA wrote:There is one 5 minutes away from my college that has been open since August 23. I made sure that before I went off to the university that I drove 40 minutes from my home to go there! :D It brought a huge smile to my face walking through those doors and smelling that smell of the inside of that store. Each Halloween store whether it is Halloween City, Halloween USA, and or Spirit Halloween have an amazing smell. If they could box that smell up in a candle and just release it in October I would be set! I had to go easy on the buying since it was their first day so they were still setting up some but part of the fun is just walking around in there! I bought for my dorm one of those flaming candle lights that hangs from chains it is very cool!
"...and smelling that smell of the inside of that store."

I'm pretty sure that's the BPE's leaching out of all the plastic :)
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.