Great company for Halloween decorating

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
Season Of The Witch
Zombie
What is the highest number?: 10992

Great company for Halloween decorating

Post by Season Of The Witch » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Grandin Road is kind of pricey but not as bad as Pottery Barn. Grandin Road is a place where I have shopped for my decorating, both Halloween and Christmas. I'm not trying to advertise for them, but just that I like their quality of decorations over any other company.

http://www.grandinroad.com/wcsstore/ima ... u=b5f4f079

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Great company for Halloween decorating

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:57 pm

That catalog is magnificent! I cannot afford that stuff, but what fun to look at it!

I have seen something similar to those dancing ghosts surrounding a "fire" in our town, several years ago. I have imitated it on the cheap--use dowel rods and milk jugs (for the heads), duct taped to each other, drape them with white garbage bags, and tie Halloween ribbon around their "necks." Then I arrange them in a circle around a tree and put tiny orange lights in the tree, ascending upward, so it looks like fire. It isn't as beautiful as what Grandin Road sells, but we like the display, and it seems fairly effective.

I am all about trying to do fun stuff on the cheap at Halloween. It is a challenge to try to come up with suitable decorations without spending much money for them.

Season Of The Witch
Zombie

Post by Season Of The Witch » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:05 pm

Glad to hear you enjoyed Murfeesboro. I think a number of things could be made by anyone creative enough with the right materials and imagination. I bought just a few items, because I live in a small place. I bought the crows, lanterns, and a pumpkin. I did try to order the cauldron with fog, but they sold out. I find one has to order early or they sell out quickly and Grandinroad doesn't restock.

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:00 am

I love looking at their stuff, very cute!!!

Retrohal
Crypt Keeper

Post by Retrohal » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:24 am

Retroween.com specializes in selling the classic Halloween decorations you may remember seeing as a kid. They're great as gifts for brothers/sisters/parents/grandparents as well.

bavmw
Ghost

Post by bavmw » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:53 pm

There are tons of suppliers nowadays, lots of grassroots organizations too.

I've run across a few really cool ones. Check out some of the stuff that ghostride.com is doing.

Lots of animatronics and such. Supplies for prop builders as well :)

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:18 pm

I like to shop for those things during the off season. That way I can get some bargains.

Mike