Apartment Decorating

What do you like to decorate with? That bucket of blood?
SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Apartment Decorating

Post by SpookShowBaby » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:45 pm

Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to the walls that is easy, cheap, and non-damaging to the paint? Thanks!

Tapsgirl
Zombie

Post by Tapsgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:09 pm

one easy cheap thing that you could do to your walls could be i went to walmart and bought a door cover those plastic things they are .99 cents and put one up to cover some of my walls. it turned out really cute!
Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder's fork, and blind-worm's
sting, Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth
boil and bubble.

mandy0221
Halloween Master

Post by mandy0221 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:19 pm

They also have scene setters that you could tape on the walls if you wanted to turn a room into a dungeon etc.

You could also put up some creepy photos, drape some creepy cloth around, use spider webs. ETC ETC
"Drink up me 'earties Yo Ho. Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me!"

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master

Post by SpookShowBaby » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:50 pm

Well, since the weather finally hit fall weather (It was 91 last Tuesday, ick) I decided to start putting some things up. I put all my punkin window clings up and my table runners and candles. I realized that most of my stuff if punkin oriented and I need some more stuff.

The fiance and I went to Party City today and looked at all the fantastic stuff. I don't think I have been in this great a mood for a while :) LOL

I wasn't ready to spend $20 on the scene setters. Even though it was supposedly 50 feet, it is never the right height. I will look into the door covers though. Thanks for the input!!!
“Come let us meet, with charm and spell, by magic arts our fates to tell.”

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:41 am

Hey SpookShowBaby, What kind of look are you wanting for your walls? If its a creepy look, what about that inexpensive Creepy cloth you can buy at like Wal-Mart, comes in like white, green, black and grey. Let me know what look you are wanting to achieve and I'll think of other ideas :D

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master

Post by SpookShowBaby » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:20 pm

Creppy I guess, but not to creepy my fiance is not a Halloween person, he is an xmas person. Just Halloween stuff that is more than punkins.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:10 am

Some shots of my apartment from last year... note that it's a lot better with the lights off. The front room (dark blue) is lit only by blacklight, and the rest only by orange or "Scream" lights. This was pre-party, with the people who helped me set up. Just some ideas for you.

Act well your part; there all the honour lies.
~Anonymous

Dutchess of Darkness
Halloween Master

Post by Dutchess of Darkness » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:26 am

Hey Larissa, love the apartment pictures, wow you really went all out! Looked awesome. And I see you have the Grim Reaper Candelabra I have been looking for for over 2 years now. I saw it on ebay, but didn't have the money at that moment to bid on it and now I can't find it again. I just love it though. If you ever saw another one PLEASE let me know cause I'm wanting to buy one :D :wink:

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:31 am

Will do... I actually got that one at Spencers a couple years ago; it was on sale. The one by me doesn't carry it any more, but maybe other stores would still have one in stock here & there?

And thanks - I keep getting more stuff, too. Wait 'til you see photos from this year! :D
~Anonymous

SpookShowBaby
Haunt Master

Post by SpookShowBaby » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:29 pm

I absolutley love your orange walls!!! I put up window clings and black and orange candles. I bought punkin shower curtain hooks that came with a curtain for the bathroom. I put up some fake cobwebs and window clings. I am planning on doing some more when I get time. I will try and get some pictures on here.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:05 pm

Would you believe they were orange when I moved in?? LOL, perfect once a year, right?

I never have taken a photo of the bathroom - I put up stuff in there too, and a glass cling on the mirror of a ghost, so when any of my semi-toasted guests go to wash their hands, they think a ghost is coming out at them. Hehe :twisted:
~Anonymous

Haunted Horseman
Halloween Master

Post by Haunted Horseman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:40 pm

Wow Larissa, that is some handy decorating. :D Do you plan to do it again this year?
Because once you cross that bridge, my friend, the ghost is through, his power ends.

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:26 pm

And more.
~Anonymous

MHooch
Halloween Master

Post by MHooch » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:53 pm

Good job, Larissa!!! Most excellent decorations. thanks for sharing the pics!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Larissa
Master Reaper

Post by Larissa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:30 pm

Thanks! By the way, that cat/jack-o-lantern light on top of the toaster oven in the photo from my kitchen was the first decoration I remember having as a little kid; mom put it in our front window for Halloween. And now I've got it for my place. I just can't believe it's survived all this time; I looked it up on ebay & it's circa 1960s, which makes sense since I was born in '70.

At the far end of the blue room, you might notice a lampshade with bats. I made that. I replace the regular shade on my standing lamp every year with that one. It's just a white shade. I took yellow UV-reactive paint & painted lightning bolts on it. Then I cut out construction paper bats & glued them on. I put a blacklight inside, and it glows with a purple sky, yellow neon lightning, and black bat silhouettes. Just a quick idea for a cool lamp.
~Anonymous