Now you see it, now you don't!

Some creepy stuff! PG and PG-13 stuff, so be warned!
Forum rules
Let's try and keep this PG or PG-13. No flaming or stuff, as elsewhere. We'll see how this goes!
iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Now you see it, now you don't!

Post by iHaunt » Sat May 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Vid link was posted by geckofx.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnowhDDx ... r_embedded

What do you think?

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: Now you see it, now you don't!

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon May 09, 2011 10:39 am

Is that from a trade show or something? It looks like a random piece of bathroom tile, not attached to anything. Very dirty, then suddenly clean. IDK. There are products you can spray on tile to get rid of mildew, but they don't work that fast (though they do work over time). Could there be some speeded-up time here? Like those old films of flowers that seem to bloom in seconds, when really it took hours or days?

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue May 10, 2011 12:44 am

A guy told me it was from the haunted attraction show in St. Louis, Illinois. I forgot the name of the haunt show. I will check it out. ;)

Ouizul1
Ghost

Post by Ouizul1 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Could it be a projection fading in and out?
Chivalry is NOT dead...but I'm working on it.

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:20 pm

Or real witchcraft?
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Ouizul1 wrote:Could it be a projection fading in and out?
For the win.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Shadows Symphony
Vampire

Post by Shadows Symphony » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:27 pm

My guess was projection of some type. It does look pretty sweet though.
If you want to hear some new Halloween/Horror Music... http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowsSymp ... ature=mhee

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:36 am

Here's the deal. I'm sorry to be so pragmatic but this is something that I majored in at college. What happened was the video camera was very close to the tile. The camera operator started out in focus, and without moving the camare he blured the image so you could still see the grout lines in the tile, but when the image was unfocused, the color of the tile over powerd the color of the mildew, BUT you could still see a little bit of that brownish color. Then the camera operator focused it back in, and the mildew came back. Nothing "magical" or "supernatural" about it at all. No witchcraft or 'hocus pocus" involved, just anout of focus video camera. IMHO it's not even a clever ploy. Oh, and that little "honk" at the end of the video....that REALLY made my flesh creep......NOT.

AND, as much as I hate to say it, that's about how 90 or more perent of all of thsee sall called "supernatural" occurances are "caught" on tape. They are faked in some way. One of my personal favs was a photograph of the devil's face in the smoke domming out of one of the twin towers on September 11 of 2001. It was an OBVIOUS photo shop fake, but a lot of people thought it was real.

Now please don't get me wrong. Even fakery can be creepy and make for a good Halloween story, but that video is nothing more then an in focus, then out of focus and back in focus video of a bunch of mildy bathroom tiles with a cute little "honk" at the end.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:08 am

Actually, I very much appreciate your explaining how this sort of thing is done, b]Mike[/b]. I remember the "devil face" in the Twin Towers smoke, too.

We can all enjoy certain camera tricks and fakery--all scary movies depend on illusions, after all. But if we are seeking real evidence of the supernatural, we need to be skeptical.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:18 pm

I have visited a lot of haunted places, and never have I gotten anything out of the ordinary in terms of ghostly apperitions or what ever. I love going to these places and shooting photos, too. Even if nothing does happen, I still get some creepy photos that I can use to decorate my house and work area for Halloween.

Mike

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:20 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Here's the deal. I'm sorry to be so pragmatic but this is something that I majored in at college. What happened was the video camera was very close to the tile. The camera operator started out in focus, and without moving the camare he blured the image so you could still see the grout lines in the tile, but when the image was unfocused, the color of the tile over powerd the color of the mildew, BUT you could still see a little bit of that brownish color. Then the camera operator focused it back in, and the mildew came back. Nothing "magical" or "supernatural" about it at all. No witchcraft or 'hocus pocus" involved, just anout of focus video camera. IMHO it's not even a clever ploy. Oh, and that little "honk" at the end of the video....that REALLY made my flesh creep......NOT.

AND, as much as I hate to say it, that's about how 90 or more perent of all of thsee sall called "supernatural" occurances are "caught" on tape. They are faked in some way. One of my personal favs was a photograph of the devil's face in the smoke domming out of one of the twin towers on September 11 of 2001. It was an OBVIOUS photo shop fake, but a lot of people thought it was real.

Now please don't get me wrong. Even fakery can be creepy and make for a good Halloween story, but that video is nothing more then an in focus, then out of focus and back in focus video of a bunch of mildy bathroom tiles with a cute little "honk" at the end.

Mike
If that was because of my witchcraft comment, lol I was only kidding.
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:23 pm

It had nothing to do with your witch craft comment. I was addressing that suposedly 'supernatural' video that is linked in the original post.

Mike