HOW MANY TRICK OR TREATERS DID YOU HAVE?

Some creepy stuff! PG and PG-13 stuff, so be warned!
Forum rules
Let's try and keep this PG or PG-13. No flaming or stuff, as elsewhere. We'll see how this goes!
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: HOW MANY TRICK OR TREATERS DID YOU HAVE?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:59 am

NeverMore, that's actualy pretty sad. Teenagers laugh about everything, but as an adult, I would find such an experience to be unpleasant, and I do hope that drunken idiot was arrested and spend a night in jail.

Scareview, I get quite a few ToTers. I get the locals, and I get kids from other communities where they are not allwoed to ToT or who had their ToT on a day other then the 31st.

Mike

SPOOKMART
Crypt Keeper
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by SPOOKMART » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm going to reply to a post almost 2 years old.

Lowest I remember in 25+ years was 60. That was the last time Halloween was on a Friday. I theorize parents threw parties so they wouldn't have to take the kids out. I found that quite depressing.

On average I receive 200-300 Trick or Treaters. As my haunt has grown in reputation I think a good many do not venture up. Still though I attract a lot of children from other parts of this small city. I doubt I can get people from surrounding towns because they probably moved to get away from this place! lol

Here's a thought not only do I get 200-300 kids(and adults)but so do all my neighbors because my home haunt is fairly spectacular with props, lights, sounds. You catch more flies with honey they say? Well with TOTers you attract more by decorating more. Lifesize props really attract people but don't forget to decorate yourself as well. If you play it pedestrian you kill the whole scene. You must blend in with your haunt. Don't just get one costume though. If you have a spouse make sure they're not scene killers as well.

There are many ways you can really supercharge your home haunt. I can give you numerous tips. Best tip of all is advertise. Start decorating now!
Halloween Costumes, Masks, Props and More http://www.spookmart.com

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:58 pm

I think Halloween falls on a Friday once every 7 or 8 years. Most likely 8 years because of the leap year. It's going to be on a Friday next year (2014 and on a Saturday the year after that (2015) but in 2016 it's going to be on a Monday because 16 is a leap year. The last time Halloween fell on a Friday was in 2008. The bad news is that 2008 was also a leap year, and evey leap year Halloween seems to get lost in the shofel of presidentil election politics. Last year there were at least as many, if not more, political campaigners then there were ToTers. Leap year is also an olympic year.

Mike

SPOOKMART
Crypt Keeper

Post by SPOOKMART » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:51 am

Could be my region too Mike. Saw a statistic MA drinks more alcohol than any other state per capita or ranks very high in the drinking department. I watch people here have to take their car to the corner store, work a rock throw away and have to take their car, drive across the street to a store, take their kids for a walk around the block in their car. I'm figuring they don't like walking if they don't have to. I understand how politics can distract some but most people don't vote while others get to vote twice or more lol. I just think they opted for parties and took the kids with them. My city is not very high on Halloween. Lot of people coming from other countries who don't celebrate Halloween. I've probably converted a few but I could use a better base.
Halloween Costumes, Masks, Props and More http://www.spookmart.com

scareviewzombies.com
Haunt Master

Post by scareviewzombies.com » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:11 pm

SPOOKMART wrote:I'm going to reply to a post almost 2 years old.

Lowest I remember in 25+ years was 60. That was the last time Halloween was on a Friday. I theorize parents threw parties so they wouldn't have to take the kids out. I found that quite depressing.

On average I receive 200-300 Trick or Treaters. As my haunt has grown in reputation I think a good many do not venture up. Still though I attract a lot of children from other parts of this small city. I doubt I can get people from surrounding towns because they probably moved to get away from this place! lol

Here's a thought not only do I get 200-300 kids(and adults)but so do all my neighbors because my home haunt is fairly spectacular with props, lights, sounds. You catch more flies with honey they say? Well with TOTers you attract more by decorating more. Lifesize props really attract people but don't forget to decorate yourself as well. If you play it pedestrian you kill the whole scene. You must blend in with your haunt. Don't just get one costume though. If you have a spouse make sure they're not scene killers as well.

There are many ways you can really supercharge your home haunt. I can give you numerous tips. Best tip of all is advertise. Start decorating now!
Advertising a home haunt on Craiglist works and its free
☺Visit my Horror, Monsters and Halloween auctions!☺

http://tinyurl.com/7cadj6b