What started as a lark, is gettin' kinda scary...

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
Harp
Ghost

What started as a lark, is gettin' kinda scary...

Post by Harp » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi,

New here but an age old fan of things that go bump in the night.
I've always enjoyed Halloween, The Twilight Zone, Hitchcock, Poe etc.,
and basically, all things unusual or unpredictable in everyday life. Speaking of same,
something I wrote, purely as a lark, is turning out to be rather cool...

I do a lot of creative broadcast advertising for a living and back in 1993
I also began doing work for professional Haunted Houses around the country.
(They're the most fun because a lot of it's, Theater of the Mind, type productions)

Anyway, a few years back I did a rather creepy little piece, in rhyme, for a huge
haunt in New York, called the Headless Horseman. It was just a dark little ditty
to entertain folks while waiting in line. (We call 'em Queue Productions)

Half way through the season, the owner called me to say that people were
returning to the line, after experiencing the haunts etc., to "hear the guy again."
The owner said it was indeed most strange and suggested that I should write more of that sort of stuff and put it on a CD.

Well, loving any "excuse" to write for fun, I went about writing ten little tales
on all sorts of subject matter, from medieval days to the present. Then, I
took 'em into the studio and spent days fully producing with appropriate music and effects.

They came out quite nicely and eventually found their way to XM Radio's Sonic Theater Channel, for a year or so. I call the collection Twisted Rhymes and they'll soon be mentioned in Rue Morgue Magazine and on their site. Surprisingly, they also got some
great reviews from other folks in the Sci-Fi/Horror world. A month ago, they became
available for download on audible.com, here in the States and Europe.

If you're into that sort a' Theater of the Mind type, horror audio, I'd be happy to post a link to my commercial web site, for more info, if that's allowed, or if not by email.

If there's any writers in the midst, my advice would be to "Try anything, because ya never know what's going to pan out!" I'm still scratchin' my head on this one.

Well, sorry to ramble on but I just thought it was a "hoot", so to speak, that the
last thing I ever thought would kinda take off, is all about one of my favorite times of year and favorite things of which to write about.

I'd like to thank the originators of this site for such a remarkable venue for all things
Halloween.

HalloweenDot
Site Admin
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What started as a lark, is gettin' kinda scary...

Post by HalloweenDot » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:13 am

Looks like you can get it here:

http://www.hearbob.com/twistedrhymes.html

(And it is fine to put that in as part of a discussion.) ;-)
Halloween.com since 1994 - Chris

Cock146
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: What started as a lark, is gettin' kinda scary...

Post by Cock146 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:47 am

a few years back I did a rather creepy little piece, in rhyme, for a huge
haunt in New York, called the Headless Horseman. It was just a dark little ditty
to entertain folks while waiting in line. (We call 'em Queue Productions)
watson