Multiple Participation Story: The curse of Craft Haven

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Multiple Participation Story: The curse of Craft Haven

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:24 am

Excellent questions. Consider this horror world where witches exist among monster, maniacs and ghosts etc. However in this story its mainly all about the witches.

The witches are about to perform a banishment for the returned one who was a witch at one time herself but has since become something much worse. But as far as witch terminology, we are going to need to do a little bit of research homework. Thank God for Google.

The beast I believe is supposed to be a werewolf. We can factor it in as being summoned by the main antagonist that the coven is trying to banish.

At the start of the story Maddie told Danny that he is safe in the house, and that "monsters can get him outside" She is right on both counts. The house has a powerful protection spell cast on it. Nothing save for the Prince Of Darkness can actually enter Gammys house. And please, lets not bring Satan into this, lol.

The police need not be placed on a level of CSI. Think more like Picket Fences with Tom Skerritt. Not sure about police protocol or terms, again, research. Lol, there is some work, but this can be a real fun story.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:01 pm

Now, I'm assuming these witches are "white witches" right?
And don't worry...I'm not bringing satan into this. xx I may not be religious but I do believe in God and Satan and I don't even like to joke about satan. Well...unless it's a joke like..."hell's frozen over and the devil's giving out free sleigh rides"
Well sounds like an interesting storyline so far. What exactly is it that a witch can become that's terrifying and evil?
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:32 pm

The witch can become possesed by a demon that she tried to summon.
The dark night beckons. Bear us your soul, it whispers. Expose your wicked delights. Join the rest of us on the wind. The dark night beckons and we answer. Sailing into the shadows.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:32 pm

Whoah. Possessed by a demon huh?
Why would the witch be trying to summon the demons?

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:19 am

Power.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:07 pm

Ahhh. The good old classic philosophy...Power corrupts...absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Perhaps it's a good thing people in real life don't have magic or super powers...because if you think the world is bad now with our weapons of mass destruction...it would be even WORSE if people really had powers like that.
Of course...it also makes the real world more borring...

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

Yes the things we fanatsize about in movies like magic or time travel, we absolutely could not handle in reality.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:45 pm

As much as I like to fanticize about having super powers and magic abilities and being completely immortal and indestructable...I'm afraid that sort of power would corrupt me. XD
I may do things that I would live to regret later.
In any case, now that I seem to understand the lay out of the story better, shall we continue? Or wait and see if anyone else has any questions. I could always PM you if I have any more questions.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:53 pm

Yeah we can continue.

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:44 pm

**back in character**

Somewhere hidden in the mortuary, the beast lurked behind watching deputy Hamilton from a distance as he contacted the others. His thick grayish fur was covered with blood, and he winced painfully from the gun shot...but his wounds began to heal almost immediately due to the powerful healing properties of werewolves.

What are you doing? An errie telepathic voice could be heard in the head of the beast.

How much longer must I endure this? You promised me you would cure me of this wretched curse... The beast used a type of "mind speak" to communicate with the entity that spoke to him telepathically.

I told you you dim witted animal...you must kill those wretched mortals before they complete the circle...and then I will give you the wolfsbane potion to cure you...but you must do this task for me...or else you will remain a werewolf forever!

The wolfman growled. He didn't enjoy killing, but the curse that was upon him he simply couldn't control, nor his animalistic lust for blood. And now he was under the control of that demonic entity in exchange for a cure: the wolfsbane potion. His eyes glowed a fierce blood red now as he turned his attention to Elizabeth and the others as they started to leave the house.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:59 am

I know I placed Elizabeth's car in front of an abandoned morturary. That does not necessarily mean that there cant' be a cemetery on the oposite side fo the street, does it?>

After all, the cemetery could well be a "pooters field," where the morturary use to dispose of "John & Jane doe's" when it use to be in operation. I'll wait until some questions are answered before I post my next installment.

I was under the impression that there was a wearwolf growling at Lizzy, and that's what attacked the cop. There obviously has to be multiple monsters, but they could all be tied in with the same curse.

Just a few suggestions.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:14 pm

***Out of Character***

That very well could be the case, there could be many other monsters that the evil entity is using at her own disposal for her own personal gain.
I always liked the idea of the monster being cursed...and it may not necessarily be at fault.
Look at Remus Lupin on Harry Potter...he was a werewolf. By day, he was a real nice guy and very intelligent too. But during the full moon...he'd turn into a raging beast that he cannot control. Thus the monster is just as much a victum as it is a monster.
Obviously the evil that's afflicting the town could also be a deciever...those are the best kinds of villians because deception makes it easy to manipulate. The werewolf could already be cursed, but the deciever "promised" to give the werewolf a cure, and there may be other monsters that are cursed following the evil for the same reason...and there could be monsters too that yes, are just as evil. But I thought I'd add a bit of side story, I hope you don't mind. The werewolf however, may find, depending on the course of the story, that he was of course decieved and that there is no cure available for him. Perhaps the witches he was sent to kill may have the cure he needs, but in any case....that remains up to the rest of the group to follow along. It may play that way, it may not. That's the nice thing about a group story.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:56 pm

<<<<<<<Okayl that being said, back in character for me>>>>>>>>

The wearwolf left the mortuary to do the entity's bidding. Meanwhile, Deputy Hamilty entered the abandoned building, gun drawn, prepared for anything. The door was already opened. He remembered another dark and stormy evening when he entered that mortuary. He was only a rooky cop back then, but the memories were as clear as if they had happened yesterday. "I really am insane" he thought to himself. Again, he could not take his mind off the horific memory of a woman disected, rithign in pain, and the fiendish, insane, satanic laughter of the good Dorcot Jonathin Collins, once the town corener, now driven to insanity by some unkinown evil force. Jerking himself back to the present reality, he shone his flash light around, noticing the bloody foot/paw prints on the dirty linolium, leading towards the rear enterance of the building. The dupity holstered his weapon and went back to his patrol car.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:50 pm

OOC: One werewolf at mortuary near Maddies home, same that growled at liz, same that killed Sheriff. There can be a cemetery nearbye, so..no confusion.

Nostalgiascape
Halloween Master

Post by Nostalgiascape » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:08 pm

As Elizabeth, Maddie and there friends Brenda Cobbler and Mary Stockton walked outside to perform the circle under the open sky, they heard a horrendous growling that seemed to come from just up the road near the Mortuary.

"Back inside ladies!" Maddie insisted.

"But the power of the wind.." Brenda interrupted.

"We don't have the luxury of an outdoors circle! And enemy approaches! I knew I heard something foul when I arrived." Elizabeth said.

The Werewolf whose human name was Zachariah Mortenson, given to him upon his birth in 1885, slowly drew closer to Maddies house. His concern was no longer destroying the police officers. He knew that the impatient master of his fate wanted the circle destroyed right away or his fate was sealed, not just for another 100 years, but forever.

Inside Maddies house Elizabeth asked her, "Is your protection spell holding? Is the inside of your home safe?"

++++++++++++++++++++++
Suggestion: The story is split into three parts.

Elizabeth's home where the Demon possessed witch wants to destroy Danny.

The Mortuary down the street from Elizabeth's house, near bye Maddie's house where a crime scene is taped off and three officers stalk a killer.

And Maddie's house just down from the Mortuary where the witch coven convenes to expel their former Witch, now enemy, for good.

So...Before switching to another of three stages of the story, lets make sure that at least three posts in a row continue in one stage.

EXE: Three posts in a row in Maddie's house, then three in a row at the Mortuary, then three in a row at Elizabeth's house. This prevents every other paragraph from being at a different stage than the last.