Brienwood Manor Chapter 2

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Brienwood Manor Chapter 2

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:37 pm

I had toured the place about 6 or 8 times while in the process of buying it, but I couldn't resist taking in my new surroundings yet another time. It was close to sun set, and the servants usualy leave for the evening by then. Nobody will live on the estate, as the local legends frighten them all off. At any rate, I went through all the ornate rooms. First I thought I would check out the dining room, which was actualy more of a dining hall. In there stood a large, wooden antique table. Chairs were placed around it. There was a fire place on the wall at the far end. Down a short coridor was the kitchen. The stoves and other utensels there reminded me of the ones used at restaurant. I left the kitchen, headed back to the main foyer, and went up stairs to check out the bed rooms. Of course, I had to check out the Master bed room first, which is where I would be sleeping.

I walked into the huge room. My bed was already there and made up. The fire palce was stocked with wood, and the large french style window was closed, as were the ornate draperies adorning it. I thought I would go over to it and check out the view, and that's when I noticed it. It was a very faint smell. I couldn't quite place it. It was just a little hint of an unpleasant odor. I would have to talk to the house keepers in the norming about it. I left the room and checked out the veriour others. There were about 10 rooms in all, including the master bed room. They all were quite ornate, had fire places and beds there for any guests I would bring intot he home.

I went up to the attic. Strewn about were various odds and ends left by various occupants. There was an old desk, that seemed to be about the same age as the house itself. Books cluttered it up, all covered in dust. There was an old Gramaphone in another corner, a few old chairs and a grandfather clock that appeared hadn't been used in ages. Was it broken? Was it just replaced by a newer model? There was a huge grandfather clock in the foyer. The realtor told me it ws placed there around 1899 or 1900. The one I was looking at appeared to be about mid 1860s vintage, but I couldn't swear to it. Finaly, back in the corner, covered in dust and cob webs was an old trunk, and a safe. "I could use the services of a good safe cracker" I thought to myself.

After taking in the sights up in the attic, I thought I would go walk about the grounds before going into the basement. I left the atic, went down the main stairs and out the same door I cam in. I went over to an old gazebo, that had been badly weathered and delapitated. I would also have to talk to the servants about that as well. That would be a nice place for a barbecue pit and to have outdoor parties. The sun was getting ready to set, and the late evening light gave the place a beautiful red hue. I noticed the way it hit Nathanial Pennington's crypt. I was curious, so I walked into that grave yard to check it out. The gate to the crypt was not equiped with a lock, so I walked inside.

A very creepy feeling came over me. I starte to feel sick to my stomach, and I had to get out of there fast. I went back to the house to recollect myself.

Mike

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Brienwood Manor Chapter 2

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:51 pm

Chap 3 is comming. It's going to be a while because of my helatious work schedule, but it is comming.

Mike