Brianwood Mannor Chapter 4

Halloween writing, poetry, fan pics and more!
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Brianwood Mannor Chapter 4

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:25 pm

I awoke the next morning after a very fitful sleep. I was like a zomby, so I decided to grab myself one of those energy drinks and a bar of dark chocolate to wake myself up. I had a lot of things to do. I had to unpack alll of my photographic equipment as I am a professional photographer by trade. I made my fortune shooting portraits, and video recording weddings and the like. As the business grew, I had to take on associates. Pretty soon, I had about 5 studios through ot the state of Maine. Anyway, Brianwood Mannor is just the perfect place to set up a studio, and that creepy old basement where I rattled around int he other night would make for a great darkroom, for those very rare ocassions I shoot on emulsion based film. Most of my work is digital, but once in a while, a negative is needed.

As the day began, I unpacked all of my things that were left there by UPS. I also had to go into town to run a few erands, and arrange a ride back to my old home to get my car. It woud be 3 days before I could get a ride, so I went back home. I was very curious about that creepy little door in the basement, but I didn't want to tear the place apart.

I unpacked all of my darkroom equipment, and I thought I would try my hand, so I loaded a roll of Virichrome Pan into my Mamya 645 and went out and about my property to shoot a few landscapes in black & white. I once again, found myself by the crypt of Nathinial Pennington. I was feeling a little creeped out, but I thought I would snap a few shots of it. The light hit it just right.

When I finished off my roll, I wend down the basement and started mixing my chemicals to develop the film I had just shot. Everything was sort of in a disaray, but I did have grunt level functionality of my darkroom equipment. The utility tubs had a faucet on it with threads on the end, so it was easy to install my thermometer. Anyway, I developed my negatives, and then I went up stairs to eat my supper. I had put about half a pount of Olive Loaf in the refrigerator earlier that day. I opened the refirigerator, and I noticed that that same olive loaf I had just purchased that morning was rotten. It was totaly un edible, and reeked like rotting meat usualy reeks after being left out in the hot sun. I was actualy feeling nausiated by the odor. I bagged up the rotten meat, and put it in the large garbage containers out side the garage.

I went into town for dinner. I took the bike because I still didn't have my car. It was clouding up, so I was a little worried about rain. I thought it was worth it, however to get some more of that fabulous sea food where I ate the other night. I got a few odd looks again as I walked into the restaurant. I didn't try ti engage anyone in conversation. I just ordered my dinner, ate, paid the bill and went home.

When I arrived home, I thought I would print up some proof sheets from the photos I shot. When I finished, I brought the contact sheets up into the kitchen as the lighting in the basement was too dingy. It was then that I noticed it. The tomb. There were allkinds of orbs in the photo. At first It hought it might be the sun reflecting off the lenze, but then I remembered that the sun was too my back. And these particular orbs. They were bright, and they were like two wide eyes staring out the door of that crype. There was something very creepy about that. I went back down to my improvised darkroom to make some prints. I noticed that on every frame of the Nathanial Pennington crypt, it was the same thing. Two bright orbs staring out at me, like two eyes.

I printed an 8x10 of one frame, and then I notice a muffled cry. Again, it sounded like a child. In the dim safelights, I made my way around the room to find where the cries were comming from. They were faint, muffled cries, but I could make out the words "Help me. Let us out of here." I was a little disoriented for a minute, then I thought about that bricked up door way again. It was then that I noticed that the cries seem to be comming from that bricked up room. My blood ran cold. I stood there frozen for about a minute or two. The cries fadded away.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Brianwood Mannor Chapter 4

Post by Jack Skellington » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:49 am

I've really enjoyed these four chapters. :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks. I enjoyed writing them. I don't know when Chap 5 will be done, but it will be posted as soon as it is.

Mike

Jack Skellington
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by Jack Skellington » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Pumpkin_Man wrote: Thanks. I enjoyed writing them. I don't know when Chap 5 will be done, but it will be posted as soon as it is.

Mike
Cool! :)

I'm looking forward to reading it! :)
Yours in haunting;

The Pumpkin King of Hallowe'en Town