Dog of the Month

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: Dog of the Month

Post by sueluvshalloween » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:34 am

witchy wrote:OMG sueluvshalloween you and I are alot like, I got a dog from the pound about 25 years ago & he died, I cried for a week!! Then I got a Dwarf Blue Bunny she lived 5 years, then passed away & I cried agian. Then I got Black Dwarf Bunny he died within a year. Then a nieghber brought this tiny tiny kitten over for me to babysit, the rest was history, they said they couldn't keep her, so she was mine!! I fell in love with her the very first day!!
Witchy
That's so funny -- I can't believe the similarities! I had gotten my dog about a month or two after getting my rabbit. They told me at the pet store that he was a cross between and English Spot and a Dwarf. He died when he was five-&-half from stomach problems, which I think I might have contributed to because I gave him too many treats, but I didn't realize I might have been doing him any harm. This rabbit was never neutered because he never acted out aggressively and I didn't think you had to do that with rabbits, as opposed to cats or dogs. The one thing he did do was get horny. My neighbor brought one of her cats over one day to see how they'd interact with one another. She picked the one that she felt wouldn't harm him because this cat was 17 and had no claws or teeth. We were so concerned about the cat harming the rabbit, that nothing prepared us for what was about to happen -- my rabbit tried to mate with the cat! He was very aggressive -- he followed the cat all over the room and kept jumping on his back and just went to town on him!

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by witchy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:40 am

Hi sueluvshalloween that is too funny. I had girl bunny first then a boy, they very laid back. The girl bunny use to sit oy shoulders alot & give kisses to my neck, she was the best pet I ever had. They were both litter box trained too. Witchy

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master

Post by sueluvshalloween » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:45 am

The rest of my rabbit story, because I think I reached my character limit. We couldn't believe what we were seeing. Eventually, we got my rabbit a stuffed rabbit, which became his "wife." It made for great entertainment when we had company. Anyway, after Binky died (named after a "Life in Hell" character), we got another rabbit, a white dwarf, except he had black eyes instead of pinkish-red. This is the rabbit that I had to have neutered. When he reached about three or four months old, the age when they go through puberty, he became nasty and aggressive. He would run around and spray urine. Another day, I had him out of his cage and called him over for a piece of banana, which is something rabbits love. Instead of grabbing the banana, he clamped his teeth down onto my pinky aand was hanging from it and wouldn't let go! I had to shake him off, then I picked him up and stuck him back in his cage and wouldn't let him out until he was clipped. You have no idea how much that hurt! The skin was drawn back and bleeding quite a lot. I was about seven-months pregnant with my daughter when this happened, and my o.b. insisted I get a tetanus shot since I couldn't even remember when I had one. I had to wait almost two hours to get the shot since I wasn't a high-priority case in the E.R. People couldn't believe why I was there -- that was how ridiculous the whole thing sounded -- "Okay, why are you here?" Me "My two pound bunny rabbit savagely attacked my pinky and wouldn't let go and drew blood in the process!" Even my husband had to have me explain what had happened a couple of times. After the bunny had his surgery, he was fine -- nice and sweet with no more aggressive, undesirable behavior.

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master

Post by sueluvshalloween » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:47 am

witchy wrote:Hi sueluvshalloween that is too funny. I had girl bunny first then a boy, they very laid back. The girl bunny use to sit oy shoulders alot & give kisses to my neck, she was the best pet I ever had. They were both litter box trained too. Witchy
My first rabbit was not litterbox trained because I had no idea you could do that, or I had heard you could and just didn't think you really could. My second rabbit was litterbox trained.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:09 am

Actualy, Friendship Day is in August. I don't know the date, but the significance of dogs in August is that dogs are proverbialy "man's best friend," which is why dogs are so popular in August Decor.

The TRADITION I've allways associated with August was vacation, or going on a trip some place. I actualy do most of my Summer traveling in June or July, but when I think of August, I think of the trips my parents took us on as kids up to Minisota. Those trips were usualy tanek during the first two full weeks of August.

Mike