Do you miss summer?

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Do you miss summer?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:46 pm

He died in 1982 of congestive heart failure and blood clots in his legs. He was in the Marines, and because his last name began with the letter "B" he was chosen to be a tail gunner in a dive bomber.

The g-forces exerted on him from being a tail gunner destroyed the arteries in his legs, and greatly contributed to his death in 1982. I was a pall berror at his funeral.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:23 pm

Ohh, that was so sad! I hate to see some people dead almost everyday! :(

I was saddened to read what you just posted about him.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:07 pm

IT was very sad, but at least his suffering ended. He was in a lot of pain when he died.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:22 pm

That's terrible! :(

Anyways, I am so glad to see new summer this year! :D I really can't wait to say good-bye to cold weather! Cold begone! Begone!

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Today, when I walked outside to look around and I saw some grasses are turning pretty green... Spring is coming soon! :D

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:39 pm

Over here spring is a long time away. Just yesterday it was snowing like crazy. And the other day we had a snowday! :D
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Gosh! Honestly, I do really hate the cold weather! Even, the snow too! :roll: I really don't know why... I love summer because of swimming and a lot of fun better than having fun in the cold weather. :?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:10 am

Summer tim can be hot and humid, but Winter time can be inconvenient. I drive 38 miles each way to work every day, and when there's ice and snow, it's 'white nuckle' all the way down I-55. But at any rate, I really do want to get my motorcycle out and running again, which I will do as soon as the roads are safe to ride on and the temps get just a little warmer.

I have a feeling, though, that we are going to have one hellish hot Summer this year.

Mike

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Today I really miss summer because it is only 34 degrees outside.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:14 pm

We have not been above freezing since before Christmas, but it's supposed to get above 40 this Sunday. I'll believe it when I see it.

Where I live, the weather is very "iffy" between late October and early May. In April it could be 85 degrees one week and snowing the next. One time we had 14 inches of snow on the 18th of April, and the school where I work was closed. 5 days later it was 75 degrees and there was no sign it ever snowed.

Back in the spring of 2001, I got up one morning. It was April 1st (April Fools Day) It was rather mild a morning in the 50s, so I decided to hop on the motorcycle to get the bulb inmy head light replaced. I drove to Joliet, and it was pretty nice riding. I got to the motorcycle shop, and is started getting a little colder and is started to cloud up. I got my bulb, replace the old one so I would be "leagal," because in Illinois, motorcycles must have lights on at all ti mes while being driven, and it got just a little more cloudy and a little colder, but nothing that I couldn't handle. I stopped at burger king for lunch, the sky got a little darker and it got a little colder still, but still nothing too hairy. I stopped for gas, the temps were cold enough I had toput gloves on, and after I paid for the gas it started in just a very light snow flurry, but I figured it was not so bad, so I headed down the road. As I continued to drive the snow got worse and worse. By the time I was 5 miles outside fo Dwight, my home town, it was a raging blizzard. When I finaly pulled into the aly where my garage was I was covered in snow, and my neighbors thought I was totaly insane.

I guess God does like to play "Aprils Fools" jokes from time to time.

Mike

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:25 pm

I've been caught up in bad weather on a bike too.

Nothing says 'holy cr*p' like ice and 2 wheels.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:56 am

Amen to that. And to boot, I was on Interstate 55, north of Dwight. There were these big trucks passingme on the left and splahsing all kinds of crud from the road into my face. It was freezing cold, and the tiniest miscalsulation on my part would cause the bike to start drifting towards the truck or towards the ditch. As I was exiting the Interesate, I was truely on the horns of a dilema, because it was up hill, I knew better then to lock my wheels, and I PRAYED there was no oncomming traffic, because I did not want to stop. Yes, I blew a stop sign, because I knew that if I did stop, I might not get going again.

That was the scariest white-knuckle ride I ever took, and I do NOT want to do it again.

Mike