Do you miss summer?

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
Haunt Master

Re: Do you miss summer?

Post by Haunt Master » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:36 pm

If it's too hot and humid outside here, I'll have to stay indoor all day until the sun goes down. I can go outdoor around 9pm. Depends on humid.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:43 pm

Like I said, it's a lot easier for me to get warm when I'm cold then it is for me to cool down when I'm all hot and sweaty.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Hey, welcome back PM! :D

You've not been around here since almost two days! Well, it's good to see you back here! ;)

BTW, I really can't wait until spring because it will begin to move the beautiful warm air with lots of flowers, leaves and everything outside! :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:13 pm

Well I do plan to enjoy the Christmas holiday, and I also plan to see the next installment of "Friday the 13th" when it's released on Friday Feb 13th, but I'm already longing for the open road, and a cruise on my motorcyle in a cool Summer breeze.

I also might be making a trip next Summer to the East Coast.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:36 pm

I also love to go to see FT13 movie.... and also, please check out Halloween 2 (2009) remake by Rob Zombie in Halloween Movies section and read what it might find you interests. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:18 pm

I went and saw the remake of "The Day the EArth Stood Still" last weekend, and "Valierie" this weekend. Both excelent flicks. I highly reccomend. Especialy "Valkery" if you happen to be a History buff like me.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:49 pm

My grandpa told me he really likes The Day The Earth Stood Still original classic from 1951 - but he already heard about this remake, and he refused to go see it. :?

And, he's very happy to go to see Valkyrie anytime this week or next month. ;) He was in WW2 long long time ago. He was 18 when he joined the navy in 1942 until the war ended in 1945.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:04 pm

That's incrddible, HAuntMaster. I had an uncle who went into the service back towards the end of 1941. He was a rear-gunner in a dive bomber at Guatle Canal in the Pacivic theatre.

A few of his buddies who went to war before he enlisted were prisoners of war and died in the Batan Death March.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:49 pm

My grandpa was the sailor on the ship hat landed in Japan, I forgot the name of the city where they landed on the beach. Very terribly war and too many people killed!

How lucky he returned home alive! ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:12 pm

That's for sure. Many of those who landed on the beach first were killed within the first hour of fighting. Would that have been Ewo Gema by any chance?

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:30 pm

Yes, that's right. But my grandpa never got on the beach, he was on the ship. When everything went bad over there such as too many gunfires and bombs, then they all turned around moving away from the beach. Well, good thing that he didn't ever touch on the beach. ;)

Pumpkin_Man wrote:That's for sure. Many of those who landed on the beach first were killed within the first hour of fighting. Would that have been Ewo Gema by any chance?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:10 pm

I'll say. Ewo Gema was laden with all sorts of tunnels where Japanese soldiers were laying in wait along with most of the civilian population. Our own bombs and incindery devices completely defoliated that entire island so it looked like a lunar land scape. It was the soldiers hiding in all the tunnels that put our guys in the most danger.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Yes, that's something like that some Japanese soldiers hiding inside the cave with some kinds of bushes cover around the tunnels, you know, you will not see anything at all - but they can see you from inside when you are coming outside from the beach.

Good thing that my grandpa told me that he never get landed on the beach because it was too many gunfiring and bombing everywhere near the beach, so all of US ships decided to turn around and shipped away from the beach. And, funny thing was some Japan warplanes started shooting machine guns and dropping some bombs on our ships! :shock: Good thing they never did hit on my grandpa's ship he was on!!! :? But very little inch bit because the bomb almost targeted on his ship - but MISSING! :lol: He thanked to God for not getting destroyed on the ship, even drowned or get killed! ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:59 pm

There was a lot of thanking God during World War 2. My Uncle James dreaded getting oldl because he was afraid he would go into a coma and relive the entire experience.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:20 pm

So, your uncle was in WW2? Was he in the army or navy? I hope he is doing all right. ;)