Do you miss summer?

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
Haunt Master

Do you miss summer?

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:06 pm

Well, I do! I can't wait for hot summer in May! :D But I have to drink plenty of water and sport drinks!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Do you miss summer?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:37 pm

To answer your question, I would have to say yes and no. I love to ride my motorcycle, barbecue, and the 4th of July is my 2nd favorite holiday of the year, but I tend to miss Summer more when the cold, boring, slow-moving months of January and February come around. That's when I really miss Summer. At least in Feburary of 09, we have a new horror film to look forward to, and "Mini Halloween" when Friday Feb 13th and Friday March 13th comes around. I don't miss the hot and stick weather, however. I find it a lot easier to warm up when I'm cold then it is to cool down after I get all hot and sweaty.

I am having my bariatric surgery in April or May, though so as I lose the weight I might have a better outlook on Summer. Part of my problem with the heat is the obeasity. Even in the Winter time, I am easily worked up into a sweat. Perhaps after I lose 150 pounds, I'll not be as bothered by the heat, and Summer will be more fun again.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:51 pm

I know Summer is big fun - but be sure to stay away from the heat! 8)

I love to swim all the time, cooking out, cutting grass, chilling during the night with beers! ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:46 pm

I'm thinking about getting a swimming pool for my yard, but I'm worried about the fact that I'm away from home a lot during work hours, and some one may use my pool and drown in it.

I do have access to two municipal pools where I live. They tend to get crowded when it gets really hot, but it's a nice way to cool off in Summer heat.

My favorte two things about Summer, however are the 4th of July and cooking out. Also, my Birthday is in July, and I allways do something special to celebrate.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:22 pm

My girlfriend and I are always at home most of the day.... No one will come over to my swimming pool - actually it's only 3 feet depth by 12 feet width. If any kids go to swim there, we have to keep ey on them. I covered the pool at 9pm to keep bugs and everything from getting in the water. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:35 pm

Well a swimming pool would be nice, but like I said, I'm away from home a lot, and though I work at a community college, I work year round, so I'm away from home at elast 8 hours a day if not longer. Besides that, we have 'Flexible Summer Hours' where I work, which means that I work 10 hours a day Monday through Thursday, and am off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Besides that, there are a couple of expensive items that rank a little higher them a swimming pool.

I do have access to mroe then one public pool, and since I love to ride my motorcycle so much, I'll probably make at least one trip to the Indiana National Sea Shore and do some swimming in Lake Michigan.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:02 pm

I see... I only work 7-1/2 to 8 hours at night, and my girlfriend work only 8 hours at day time. :)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:39 pm

At least you both have jobs. I'm very thankful that I, likewise, have a good job. But I do have to work, and I live alone, so I worry about having a big liability in my yard, like a swimming pool.

Besides that, I've been bitten by the 'new car' bug, and I've really badly been bitten by the new stereo bug. I can only afford one of the other, so a swimming pool is pretty much out fo the question.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:00 pm

Yep... I put up the swimming pool in the barn for next summer. ;) We only have one dog here, a black lab. ;) Nope, we don't have cats because we didn't mean we dislike cats! :roll:

I once had a ferret, you know, life-size about like a rat, but I gave it away to someone else because it's not friendly with children!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:03 pm

I don't have any pets at home. I don't have the time or desire to take care of them or pay the vet bills. Maybe after I retire I'll get a cat, but that's a very big "if."

If I had a lot of money for pets and vet bills, I would rather put it into my two real passions, which is my stereo and my motorcycle.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:11 pm

Ok, I bought my dog from the animal shelter which costs me only $140 dollars for vacine shot and some medicines, that's all. Then I had to buy a dog license which is only $50 dollars each year including a shot too. I remember I bought her when she was only 8 months old - Now she's 5 years old. Well, and for ferret, that I gave him away because he loves to scratch and bite the children causing them hurt and cry. The ferret has sharp teeth, you know that? It's not worth to have it around the kids.

So, anyways, do you like homemade lemonade to drink during the summer time? I do love it!

And, how to make it, here's the easy recipe:

Cut the lemon into halves, save one in the refriderator to use it later anytime. Squeeze the half lemon into a large mug or a large glass, add cold water with ice, then pour Sweet-N-Low sugar (one packet) and stir it. Ready to drink! It's so good! :D

Rising Dead Man
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Rising Dead Man » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:53 pm

I miss being free from Hell (AKA School)!
Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat...
~Nicholas Gordon

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:20 pm

It's only 6 more months to the nearest end of May!! :D

Rising Dead Man wrote:I miss being free from Hell (AKA School)!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:23 pm

I'm not a huge lemonade fan. Besides that, it's got a lot of sugar, and I try to avoid sugary soft drings all together.

Initialy, the cost of pet ownership is not very high, but sooner or later, your pet is going to get sick, or old, and is going to require a lot more medical attention, and that could run into some very big bucks. A buddy of mine, who couldn't bear to be without his dog had to pay over 15 thousand dollars for reconstructive surgery after she was hit by a school bus. And it's my opinion that if you are going to be a pet owner, tha pet has to be among your highest priority, and that's not the case with me. I love all my brothers & sisters and other family members, including their cats and dogs, but when it comes right down to the "nitty-gritty" my living space, is for me. I prefer not so share it with an animal or another person. I like to play my music loud from tiem to time, and I don't want to hear a dog howling, or a cat youling, or some one complaining. Now if I were to meed up with "Miss Right," then obviously I would have to make some compromises on my life style, bue while I'm living alone, and am away from the house for 10 to 16 hours every day, Monday through Friday, a pet is out of the question.

Like I said, for as long as I'm alone, I'm entitled to have everything my own way. When "Miss Right" comes along, then that's another story, but for now, my stereo and my motorcycle are the main loves of my life.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Ok, besides lemonade and other sugar drinks - what are your favorite cold drink during summer?