Do you miss summer?

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Do you miss summer?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:01 am

I'm partial to ice water on a hot Summer day, especialy right after I finish mowing the lawn. I also enjoy an ice cold drink of diet soda with my meals.

As for missing Summer, there are times when I do miss it. This morning, for instance. There was an inch and half of snow on my car, and the slush that fell yesterday froze solid and I had to scrape it off before I could go to work.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:21 pm

I like iced water too. So, how about cold beer during summer night?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:12 pm

I enjoy a mug of beer on rare ocassions, but I am not really a big drinker when it comes to alcoholic beverages. I use to be, and I also use to smoke 3 to 5 packs of cigarettes a day.

Now my drinking has beenr educed to one glass of whine on New Years Eve, one Bottle of beer on St Patricks day, and a bottle of beer on my birthday.

My smoking has been cut from 3 to 5 packs of cigarettes per day to three cigars a year. I smoke one Cigar on Christmas Eve, one Cigar on St. Patrick's Day, and one Cigar on my birthday.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:24 pm

Cold beers at night only for me... not really very much into wine things myself. Yes, I do like cold mixed drinks such as Blue Long Island Iced Tea (or regular without blue). Tanqueray is good!

Very thirsty, I'll go drink cold iced water or any sport drinks! I love cold iced lemon tea! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:37 pm

Speaking of cold, last night when I got off work, it was snowing, and very cold. That's when I miss Summer. I'm not too wild about the heat, and I hat the bugs, but when you have 38 miles between the work place and home, snow and ice are not the best travel companions.

Well around the end of February or the beginning of March, I start making my Summer plans. For instance I may go on a road trip next Summer if I can afford it. I also plan to have an extravigant stash of great, spectacular fireworks for the 4th of July, and Thanksgiving is not the only time I eat turkey with all the trimmings. At my age, Birthdays are less about getting presents, making Birthday wishes and blowing out candles on a cake, and more about giving thanks for another year of life, and hopes for the next year of life. In other words, instead of my own personal little Christmas, I have started a new tradition, about 2 years ago, of making my Birthday a little Thanksgiving. I barbecue a turkey breast, with stuffing, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and some kind of a desert. Next year, I will not be able to eat anywhere's near as much as I use to, but I still plan to spend my birthday giving thanks and have turkey and stuffing for dinner.

I also go to Mass if there's a Mass beign said that day.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Yeah, some bugs that I really don't like in the summer time because there will be too many flies in and out of the house, even some mosquitos always be out there when the sun is hot, and they love to sting and suck the blood out of my skin! :? Of course, many spiders, rats, mices, bats and other creature things are coming in summer! :shock:

Well, I love summer because of swimming in the water to cool off the body plus drink something cold to cool off the body too! Keep from getting sweat!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:47 pm

I love to swim, too. I usualy spend a week end at the Indiana Duns National Sea Shore. It's on Lake Michigan, not the ocean, but it's a beautiful beach, and I love to ride there on my motorcycle.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:05 pm

I love Oceanfront Beach in Virginia Beach, VA. Also, I love Myrtle Beach in SC. :D I only went to Miami Beach in FL one time, and it's been so long time since I've been in Miami! Beautiful water!!

And, I dream of going visit there in Jamaica - but money problems! :roll:

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:19 pm

I know what you mean about money problems. I'm hoping to scrape enough together to make a road trip on my motorcycle next Summer, but there are a couple of other items I would like to aquire if I have the money, so a road trip may not be in teh cards for next year. I might take a long weekend to the Indiana Dunes, or go down to Springfield to visit my brother, but it depends on how things go.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:38 pm

I think we plan to go there in Myrtle Beach in SC again next summer, perhaps.... it depends on me and my girlfriend (our plans and jobs) first. I hope we will take a month vacation because last year I took 3 weeks vacation. As for my girlfriend's vacation from last year was only 2 weeks - I know she might get 3 weeks vacation next year. She will try her best to convince her boss about the entire month of vacation.... if not, then well... we will take 3 weeks vacation.

Anyways, when we take a vacation and I will always be here online all weeks because my girlfriend will bring her own laptop computer with us. ;) She's still waiting for her older sister to give her a laptop computer. :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:47 pm

If I go on a road trip, I'll probably be away from the computer for that time, but it does not look like I am going to be making any road trips next Summer. I will very likely take a "stay-at-home-and-sleep-late" vacation for about 2 weeks in July, starting on my Birthday. I do plan to have my home computer up and running or replaced by then, so in that case I'll probably be around.

Besides, in July, thopughts of Halloween start to creap into my head. It's still a long way off at that point, but it's allways on my mind. Hopefully I'll have a full blown pumpkin patch by then.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Oh, yeah! Vacation will always make me a good sleep like up to 12 hours!

Didn't you know that the doctor has always said that plenty of sleep and restful will increase your energize and cure your sickness? That's what I read about it in the health book more than 10 years ago. Is that true?

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Every doctor says that the human body needs about 8 hours of sleep every night for optimum health. I usualy average between 6 or 7 hours per night, but I make up for it over the weekend.

Between May and the end of August, my work place has what we call 'Flexible Summer Hours.' That means that I work for 10 hours a day for 4 days a week, and have every Friday fof, instead of the customery 8 hours a day for 5 days. That way I have my 40 hours done, and 3 days to enjoy the weekend. When the 4thof July falls on the weekend, it works out to 4 days. It's really great. The only problem is that those long weekends go by so fast, and those 10 hour days drag on for so long some times.

But as I said, unless I win the lotto or come into huge inheritance, I will not be doing any major travelign this Summer, because I really would like to upgrade my stereo system.

Mike

Haunt Master

Post by Haunt Master » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:10 pm

During summer, about some nights when the air is getting breezy - it makes me feel like fall asleep about 8 o' clock while watching movie!

I like breezy air! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:51 am

I like fresh air too, as long as it isn't too hot and humid out. Usualy I run the air conditioner, though. I very seldomly open the windows, but there are times when I'll air out the house by opening both the front and back doors.

Mike