Festivals

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Festivals

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Since there aren't that many Holidays in the summer, summer time has the next best thing..Festivals! There's always a festival here in town that I like to go to, food venders in the park, yard sales throughout the whole town, a parade Saturday Morning and Fireworks Saturday night...it's a blast! I usually go to at least one festival every year, but if I had more time and money I'd probably visit them all!
This probably seems crazy, crazy, a graveyard theory,
A ghost tried to approach me and got leery.
Ask him a question and he vanished in a second...

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Festivals

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:44 pm

Summer time does have very few official holidays, but it does have one of the best holidays of the year. The 4th of July, and I LOVE to light off fireworks.

My Birthday is also in July, and the trip I was planning to take to Canada a couple of weeks ago, is going to be in late July and early August, and I'm taking the bike.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:49 pm

Yeah, 4th of July, or "KaBoom! Day" Is a lot of fun.
My birthday's in July as well.
I know there is also a 4th of July Festival, but I don't always get to enjoy it because I'm often forced to work that day.

~ From a Ghost's Pumpkin Soup (Pumpkin Hill zone theme Song from Sonic Adventure 2) ~

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:17 pm

We have a family picnic and fireworks display on the weekend before or after the 4th. Lately it's been problematic because of a lot of people's work schedules, but there is a party planned for the weekend of July 4, since it's on a Saturday this year.

I definately plan to purchase some fireworks in June.

Mike

DemonSlayerMau
Halloween Master

Post by DemonSlayerMau » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:10 pm

Well the festival in town is the weekend after the fourth, and I typically try to plan for that weekend off. They have fire works, so if I miss out on the Fourth, I still get something to look forward to anyway. Besides, if I don't try to get that weekend off...it'll be near-impossible getting my car out of the driveway with all the commotion going on, so I rather just sit back and enjoy it.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:09 pm

We have our Harvest Day festival every September, and that's about the only one I go to because I live right in town. Usualy these festivals are too crowded, and a lot of obnoxious bafoons show up and ruin it for everyone.

I use to go to the South Side Irish St. Patrick's Day parade on the South Side of Chicago, until it degenerated into a night mare of 300,000 people, drunken idiocy, public urination, fights, and every other sort of idiocy that goes with the over indulgence in drink. The people in charge of that parade have decided to no longer hold it any more because of the morons who ruined it for everyone.

Our Harvest Day festival is no where's near that popular, but we did have an incident where some drunk idiot, who was siting on the top riser for one of the band concers, threw up on 3 cops who were standing below the risers having their lunch break.

Mike

sueluvshalloween
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by sueluvshalloween » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:33 am

The best festival I'd ever been to was during June '04. For 11 years I lived in Garrettsville, Ohio, a small town located in the northeast part of the state, halfway between Youngstown and Cleveland, about 45 minutes from the Pennsylvania border. That year, the town held a weekend-long festival celebrating its 200th anniversary. It was great -- everyone was out. There were all sorts of parades and attractions -- typical festival stuff. We also had a group of people who re-enacted the Civil War. They travel all over the country doing this. It was pretty cool. They set up tents in one of the village parks, depicting what it was like being a soldier during the Civil War. You could purchase reproductions of clothing and other items from that time. On Saturday night, there was a cotillion dance right in the middle of Main Street, where you were encouraged to wear an outfit from a certain era. I bought a reproduction of a gorgeous Civil War-era dress with a huge hoop skirt and actually ended up winning first place for best-dressed female. Actually, I think I probably ticked off a couple of other women because you could tell that they handmade their costumes and some of their accessories, such as jewelry and number of hoops, were a litttle more researched and truer to the period than mine was, although my dress was beautiful. That whole weekend was a blast. :alien:

witchy
Halloween Master

Post by witchy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 am

Hi sueluvshalloween, that sounded like alot of fun, thanks for sharing, I love to here about everyones travels & festivals. Witchy