4TH OF JULY

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

4TH OF JULY

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:06 am

[color=#FF80Hi Folks:

I just had one fo the best 4thof July's ever, with over 24 orange smoke bombs saved for Halloween, I know I am going to have some really great amoke breathing Jack O'Lanterns next October.

But I had plenty of fun with fireworks out at my brothers place and at home. I must have gone through a brick and a half fo firecrackers, a brick of exploding jumping jacks, a gross of bottle rockets, at least two dozen smoke bombs each day from Friday through Sunday, and t hat's not to mention some of the awesome display items I shot off out at the lake.

Mike

00][/color]

iHaunt
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: 4TH OF JULY

Post by iHaunt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:59 pm

[quote="Pumpkin_Man"][color=#FF80Hi Folks:

I just had one fo the best 4thof July's ever, with over 24 orange smoke bombs saved for Halloween, I know I am going to have some really great amoke breathing Jack O'Lanterns next October.

That's brilliant idea! ;)

I had a great time on 4th of July, and did enjoy with fire crackers. I saw a major fireworks from the next door neighbors. It was fun! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:02 am

That's great. My neighbors are as much into lighting off fireworks as I am, and we all had a ball. The little kies really light up when you light off some really bright fireworks like some of the 'fountain' displays.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:22 pm

I got an idea!

Why not the company create the Halloween fireworks? For example, an orange and green rocket that would explosive with an image of Jack O Lantern up in the air at night! It would look great! :D

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:52 am

I think that would be great, but it might also be very expensive.

Mike

iHaunt
Halloween Master

Post by iHaunt » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:19 pm

I guess I will find out if they do have Halloween fireworks on the internet, then I will come back and share the info with you. ;)

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:39 pm

I doubt they make fireworks specificaly for Halloween, but I'm sure that if you go to a fireworks dealer in a serious fireworks state like Misurie or Indiana, you will find specials during the Halloween season on orange and black smoke bombs, or other things that can be adapted for Halloween use.

In fact, I will be doing that in October.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Here are the fireworks laws for each state. Might come in handy.

A quick view. Happy 4th y'all!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Thanks for posting, NeverMore, but I already know what Illinois namby pamby fireworks laws are. Like so many other things, they're illegal for the most part, except for smoke bombs and a few other little odds & ends. Lighting off 4th of July fireworks is just another personal liberty that our state government thinks that we're all too stupid to have.

Mike

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Interesting chart, NeverMore. I knew that John Hancock was the first to sign it, and he signed it in huge letters. That's where the term "Put your 'John Hancock' right on the dotted line." comes from.

As fireworkds laws, it seems so namby pamby that out of 50 states, Illinois allways has to be the most restrictive to our freedoms and one of the most expensive places to live. I can understand a ban on fireworks where it could be a fire hazzard, but as an adult, I am smart enough to make my own choices regarding the lighting off of fireworks. I don't need a nanny state telling me what's best for me.

Mike

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 pm

My boyfriend and I had a pretty awesome fourth of july, and I think we still have some sparklers left over. The smoke bombs and Snakes were used first when it was still day light, then we went onto the actual fireworks when it started to get darker out. We also cooked on the charcoal grill.

I'm glad the state I moved to has fireworks legal, even if they are just the fountain ones. It's way better than what my home state has: No Fireworks are legal and you can only get the novelties like smoke bombs and sparklers. They did have public displays though where they'd have vendors come in and sell things that light up in the dark. Must be a special license is required. Kind of stinks though, lighting your own fireworks is way more fun.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:18 pm

What state did you move from?
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:35 pm

From New York to Virginia.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Boogeyman
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Boogeyman » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:09 am

Smart move in so many ways.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.

Henry David Thoreau