Favorite summer drink?

SummerForums.com is a great place to discuss Everything Summer!
Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Favorite summer drink?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:16 pm

The closest Sonic drive-in to me is on the far West side of Joliet Ill. IT's almost allways impossibly crowded, too.

Mike

MauEvig
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Post by MauEvig » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:50 pm

I know there's one about an hour/hour and a half from here.

I actually like Dr Pepper, but I don't drink a lot of it because it has a lot of bite. I like a good fizzy drink, but it has to be the right amount of fizz. I can't stand sodas once they've gone flat though. I like a good Dr Pepper once in a while though, and it is in my top favorite sodas.

These include Mountain Dew, Coca Cola, Dr Pepper, Cream Soda. I also like Pepsi depending on what mood I'm in. Sometimes I'm in a "coke" mood, sometimes I'm in a "pepsi" mood. I like Cola with Pizza though. It's almost a requirement, but if I don't have cola on hand I just drink any soda with my pizza.

I like Root Beer with vanilla ice cream, not as much by itself. But everyone has their own thing.
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 am

A root beer float can be a very tasty Summer treat. I haven't had one in quite a while though. When it comes to Coke and Pepsi, I'm the same way. It depends on my mood. I drink Diet Mountain Dew to wake myself up in the morning because I never acquired a taste for coffee. In fact I hate it, which is why I opt for Diet Mountain Dew.

With pizza, it's always diet root beer for me. I seldom have pizza, though. I only will order a pizza if I have guests. I can't even eat a small pizza by myself any more, and I can't stand re heated pizza.

Mike

Kolchak
Halloween Master

Post by Kolchak » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 pm

If midnight arrives, and the only thing to come off is a mask....You're doing something wrong.

I don't always drink beer. But when I do. I prefer Dos Equis. Stay thirsty my friends.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:59 am

I use to drink beer when I was a young man in my early to mid 20s, but my taste in beer was a little less sophisticated then yours. I went for regular Old Style or Budweiser.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:27 pm

My favorite beer is Dos Perros by Yazoo. It tastes like chocolate.

My husband is really into the ciders now, especially Woodchuck. His favorite is green apple, but I find that one a little too acidic.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:10 pm

I only like the non alcoholic apple ciders. Unlike most others, however, I prefer it ice cold, not warm like is traditionally the way it's served on Halloween.

Mike

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:34 pm

Actually Pumpkin Man, I like my cider cold too, and without anything added to it. It's got such a nice apple blend flavor. The best I've had either came from Lain's cider mill, or from an Amish community. I find I prefer cider brewed from independent farms as opposed to your typical store bought kind. They have some at the supermarket I sell at, but it doesn't even come close. It tasted like the plastic of the bottle it was in. If you can't have Alcohol, have you tried sparkling grape juice? I find that goes great with a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, or with some cheese.

I could go for some cider right now actually! Too bad they can't make it in the summer, but I imagine the apples have to be in season, and apple season is in the fall. The grape juice sounds pretty good right now too.

As for alcoholic beverages, I like Smirnoff and Seagrams. I also like a good sweet wine. I don't like sour tasting beverages and wines too much and I can't stand the taste of beer. I really like manischewitz elderberry wine, which is a Jewish wine. I'm also a bit fond of Superstition, which has a black cat on it. Which...reminds me of a certain holiday we all love here. :P (So if any of y'all want to host a grown up Halloween party, I recommend this wine simply because it not only tastes good, but the black cat will remind you of Halloween. Fits right into the season).
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:07 am

My local grocery store doesn't even carry apple cider during the Summer months, but I also love apple sauce. It goes great on a cinnamon raisin bagel with a touch of brown sugar.

Mike

Spider-Ridley
Zombie

Post by Spider-Ridley » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:55 pm

My favorite summer drink would have to be a route 44 cherry vanilla coke from the Sonic drive-in that's located in the town where I live. Now that hits the spot on any summer day.

NeverMore
Halloween Master

Post by NeverMore » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:52 pm

The beer in the glass in my original post won the gold medal for kölsch beers a couple weeks ago at the World Beer Cup competition. Beat out 75 other beers, 16 of which were German. We are now beating the Germans at the beer game. Payback for all those years they made better cars. Yay USA!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:29 pm

I always look forward to the peach milkshakes at Chick Fillet.

David3322
Ghost

Post by David3322 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:33 am

Coca-cola and lemon malt is my favorite dring in summer