alina8800
Ghost
What is the highest number?: 10992

What's halloween?

Post by alina8800 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:37 am

Halloween
Every October 31st of the year is called The eve of All Saints’ Day, also known as the eve of Halloween. Not exactly as scary as its name, on this day children would wear colorful cloths and masks with a jack-o’-lantern and go around the neighbors’ doorsteps saying ” treat or tricks” to claim candies. This is also recognized by people as a typical festive activity.
pumpkin lantern: People carve scary faces on it to demonstrate the Halloween spirit.

Halloween Special:

The Halloween is not only the festival of children, but also a chance for members of a family to unite together. Parties are held during the Halloween, where proper dressing is necessary. The cloths on Halloween is very special from the other festival dressings. Using your imagination and wear anything wild or scary as you like to make the party your own. The tradetang.com has prepared the Halloween special customs for you, anything that you can think of, from suits, masks to wigs and pumpkin lanterns, witch hats, any thing is here, let’s enjoy the holiday!!

I reade this ariticle from tradetang's blog http://blog.tradetang.com/!

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: What's halloween?

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:26 am

I think the scary faces on the pumpkins were originally intended to scare off the evil spirits, weren't they? But I agree that nowadays they are mostly there to demonstrate Halloween spirit on the part of those who display them.

The pumpkins are possibly my very favorite part of Halloween. I love their flickering light and never tire of observing the imagination people use in carving them. I also love the roasted seeds! Yum. A once-a-year treat.

I have to say, though, that I also adore the masquerade. That also is a celebration of imagination, I think, and can be scary or funny or just crazy fun. I guess that's what I love best about Halloween. To me it is the great holiday of imagination. Fantasy rules. It's never been much of a family time for me, though. Most of my family members are not nearly as engaged by it as I am.

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:44 pm

the face of the jack-o-lantern as many stories to it. one of the most popular of course is the story of the man named Jack, who was cursed by the devil to roam the darkness with his pumpkin as his lantern. the face represented his tormented soul (which is a more americanized version of the myths)
Last night 'twas witching Hallowe'en
Dearest; an apple russet- brown
I pared, and thrice above my crown
Whirled the long skin; they watched in keen;
I flung it far; they laughed and cried me shame
Dearest, there lay the letter of your name!

designbymaj
Ghost

Post by designbymaj » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:32 am

halloween is just a cool holiday, one of the only holiday where you can just kick back and have fun, with out spending too much money,

I found a site that has super cheap stuff its where I get my stuff every year

http://www.scarycostumesdepot.com

Spookymufu
Halloween Master

Post by Spookymufu » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:53 pm

designbymaj wrote:halloween is just a cool holiday, one of the only holiday where you can just kick back and have fun, with out spending too much money,
you obviously didnt see my bank account dwindle this year.......
http://theyard.netii.net/
"You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar but if you pull their wings off they'll eat whatever you give them!"

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:57 pm

Spookymufu wrote:
designbymaj wrote:halloween is just a cool holiday, one of the only holiday where you can just kick back and have fun, with out spending too much money,
you obviously didnt see my bank account dwindle this year.......

same here partner

Midnite Shadow
Halloween Master

Post by Midnite Shadow » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:33 am

Faces were originally carved into Turnips not Pumpkins but when the new european settlers brought the tradition to the new world they found Pumpkins were easier to grow/use and more plentiful than turnips.
They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well
The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
Its heaven and hell, oh well

I am Vengeance...I am the Night!

I swear to God...[Batman]SWEAR to Me!!

adrian
Halloween Master

Post by adrian » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Midnite Shadow wrote:Faces were originally carved into Turnips not Pumpkins but when the new european settlers brought the tradition to the new world they found Pumpkins were easier to grow/use and more plentiful than turnips.

this is very true :)