Does auto stuff count?

This is a bit more techie oriented, but thought it would be useful for some things!
Castle
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Does auto stuff count?

Post by Castle » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:37 pm

I have a 2004 Ram 1500 and I wanna replace the air intake on it. Unlike my last truck, it's not on the top of the engine and I can't find it when I wiggle underneath the truck.
Any ideas?
"He didn't just eat their bodies, he ate their souls."

witchy
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Re: Does auto stuff count?

Post by witchy » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:38 am

I'd google it & look up air intake for that make & model. They are usually on top of the engine, or at least thats were I thought they'd be. Good luck!!

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Re: Does auto stuff count?

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:15 pm

I would consult a mechanic or yoru owners manual. Are you refering to the air intake for the fuel injection system of the engine, or the air intake for your venailation system? If you are refering to the air intake for your fuel injection system, chances are the air intake and the fuel injectors are all one unit, which means that you will have to replace the eitnre fuel injection system. KEEP IN MIND, that may or may not be true. Some vehicles you can replace the air intake without having to replace the fuel injectors.

I had a simular problem with my 98 Ford F 150. The solinoid on my starter went bad. The starter was okay, but the solinoid was totaly fried. Unfortunately, the starter and solinoid were all one unit, so I had to repalce the whole shabang, to the tune of 280 dollars plus tax and labor.

Finaly, if you plan to do the job yourself, it is of the utmost importance that you pay close attention to torque specifications. Too much torque, and you can sheer the threads off the bolts. Not enough torque, and the unit can come loose while you're driving the truck.

Mike