FIRST CANDY SIGHTING 2016

Discussion of general Halloween topics
hippieluvn
Halloween Master

FIRST CANDY SIGHTING 2016

Post by hippieluvn » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:17 pm

It's still 2.5 weeks to Labor Day, but I just saw Halloween candy out in our local supermarket...

As much as I love this holiday, even I think this is far too early to begin the madness--but as they say...

johnsoneliza52
Haunt Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

Re: FIRST CANDY SIGHTING 2016

Post by johnsoneliza52 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:36 pm

lol...I just bought our Halloween candy! We get soooooooo many trick or treaters that I just do penny candy..This year is lollypops and Jolly Ranchers..a few of each for each TOT.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:08 am

I haven't bought any yet, but our Kroger is already selling Cadbury "scream" eggs at the checkout. I don't even remember seeing them before.

MauEvig
Halloween Master

Post by MauEvig » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:09 am

I've seen those before Murf. I think they do taste just like their Easter Counterparts except they put some green stuff in there, probably just green food coloring to make it look creepier. Halloween candy is fun, but some varieties I think look too gross for me. I'll probably go as far as "dirt and worms" (pretty much, gummy worms with pudding cups and crushed oreos) but I won't eat anything that resembles boogers! lol

I've seen the candy myself. For appearance I think one of my favorites are the little pumpkin shaped candy corns, which look great on cupcakes or for food related Halloween decorating, something you can eat but still looks festive. As far as taste goes, I gotta have the reeses peanut butter cups. I like what Hershey's does with their cookies and cream and regular chocolate bars by making them look like tomb stones.

I guess the early candy doesn't bother me too much, they probably put enough preservatives in the stuff to last a year or so. :lol:

Now the snack cakes, those are good. They aren't candy persay but they are a sweet treat that I enjoy during this season and they came out with some new varieties. What gets me though is that they expire before Halloween! (though they're technically still good I'm sure)

And the Halloween Oreos? They are a must!
Nocturnal Purr-Fection

Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Post by Andybev01 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Little Debbie makes a pumpkin spice cake, cream roll that is insanely good.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:58 am

Our Kroger filled one half of its seasonal aisle with Halloween candy this weekend. Most of the iconic stuff is there, but I know I'll have to wait until October for ghostly Peeps.