HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX, FOLKS!!

Discussion of general Halloween topics
Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 10992

HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX, FOLKS!!

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:09 pm

Hi Folks:

I just wanted to with everyone a wonderful and HAPPY EQUINOX, despite all the problems in the world today. Social events are pretty much on hold for a few months, but I'm not going to let that stop me from enjoying this forum, my records and a horror movie.

Right now I have shrimp and cock tail sauce for my supper, "Dark Shadows" will be on the DVD player, and as I write this, Weezer is on the stereo.
So I hope everything is going good today. The sky is too cloudy. I didn't get to see the sun rise, and I probably wont get to see it set, either, but know that IS'T SPRING!!! The weather is going to get WARMER, the barbecue is ready and waiting, and 4th of July fireworks are beckoning!

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Re: HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX, FOLKS!!

Post by Murfreesboro » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 pm

Love your enthusiasm, Mike!

We are getting cabin fever. Husband, a teacher, is on enforced leave. Daughter hangs out in her bedroom. Only our son, who works in a grocery store, has been busy.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:36 pm

Keeping busy is important. Perhaps some 'Halloween in March' fun is in order. Hopefully this COVID 19 thing will be over with soon. It's like a ghost town around here, too. I've been doing a lot of web surfing, and I probably spent more time on the phone this week then any time in my life. I was on for an hour and a half with my younger sister. Then I spoke to an old friend of mine and we were on the horn for over 30 minutes. Yesterday I called my brother Bob and chewed the fat and shared old family memories, and then I called my brother Jim and we spoke about the Coronavirus pandemic at length. Last but by no means least, my brother Barry phoned me on Sunday to see how everything was going, and he talked me through some instructions on how to change the oil on the lawnmower he gave me for a house warming gift last March. I am not a huge fan of the telephone, but it was nice to hear from everyone.

Of course, horror movies, records and "Under the Dome" are pretty close companions these days. Like I said, I certainly hope this thing ends soon.
I would like to go on a 'haunted road trip' when the weather gets warmer.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Hope things are still OK with you, Mike. We are hanging in there. We have a large DVD collection, and my husband leans toward comedy. We all enjoyed Blast from the Past yesterday, one of our faves.

I have been in touch with distant cousins via email and text message. We speak almost daily with our son in Ohio, who lives alone and is climbing the walls. He teaches at Ohio State, but of course all of that is happening remotely now. He is not even allowed to go to his office.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:44 pm

Well the good news for me, is that I'm retired. The bad news, however, is that I want to go on a 'haunted road trip' so badly I can taste it. At least I just got in a whole slew of new vinyl to keep me entertained in the inter-um.

I also got a new cartridge and head shell for my turn table, but as it turns out, the head shell is too heavy so I have to send it back and replace it with a lighter model so the stylus will sit on the record properly. My lawn, believe it or not, is almost ready for the first mowing of the season, so I'll be involved in that little task, too before long.

Hopefully this Covid 19 thing will blow over soon. I am a little worried about my older brother who's prone to the flu because of his medical contitions, and he's 76 years old and I worry about him all the time, as I do all my brothers and sisters.

I did have to go in for an Ecocardiogram yesterday, and I think I did pretty good. I'm supposed to hear from the doctor IF there's a problem, so I am assuming that no news is good news for now. My next scheduled doctors appointment is in September.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:07 pm

I'll keep your brother in my prayers, Mike. My second son, who lives with us, works in a grocery, so he is exposed, and through him, so are we. The gov in TN thinks the virus will peak here around Apr 20.

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:57 pm

Let's pray that this whole virus crises will be over as quickly as possible. I do miss seeing my brothers and sister in person, as do my nieces and nephews.

I certainly wish your son all the best of luck in this time. Every time I go to the grocery store, gas station or other place that's essential, I always thank the person behind the cash register for being there for us.

One thing I do plan to do after this is all over is in honor of all our law enforcement people who are out there risking exposure to Covid 19 in addition to all the other risks they take, I am going to have a cook-out and play every record by the Police, back to back. I have a whole box set by that group.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:03 pm

Thanks, Mike. I hope you can hold your celebration soon!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:12 pm

I'm pretty optimistic that this virus is going to start tapering off early May and we will be back to normal by early June.

Mike

Murfreesboro
Halloween Master

Post by Murfreesboro » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:52 pm

I surely hope so!

Pumpkin_Head
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Head » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:09 am

I can't wait to take a 'haunted road trip' or just browse a 'brick & mortar' record store. I haven't had a chance to do that since December, come to think of it.

Mike